• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I Power Web help

dakotaworms

I there anyone out there that uses I Power Web for their server? I have some questons for you. When changing text on the opening page in oscommerce, Do I change that on the I Power Web files or somewhere on the oscommerce side? I have tried to change this on the I Power Web side, but it did not work, now I get all the text from the file above the opening page information. If you could guide me in the right direction I would sure appreciate it. Thanks A Bunch!

To change text on the osc pages you have to change them in the language files... as far as I know it has nothing to do with any host.

Look in catalog/includes/language/english or your language for the files you need to change.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

To change text on the osc pages you have to change them in the language files... as far as I know it has nothing to do with any host.

Look in catalog/includes/language/english or your language for the files you need to change.

Thanks for the reply, when I go into that file I get this error message--

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/dakotawo/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog//includes/languages/english/index.php

I am not sure what to do next <_<

How are you trying to get to them? Do not use the file manager that comes with osc it has known bugs. Best thing to do is download the file you want to change and make the changes then upload.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

How are you trying to get to them? Do not use the file manager that comes with osc it has known bugs. Best thing to do is download the file you want to change and make the changes then upload.

That is how I was using it, but it didn't work. In the mean time I have used the I Power Web side and can change text in there. But I will also try your advice. Thanks for the information.

Archived