• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint Text Options

A few questions:

1) Anyone know how to get the TEXT ATTRIBUTES (or any attributes) to SHOW IN the EMAIL ORDER copy??? It seems to only show in admin- but not in any of the emails.

2) This 1 i'm sure is easy- but I can't seem to find the right area of code.. Where do I change the SIZE OF THE TEXT BOX? It seems rather small (although I know text keeps typing past the end of the box) but the box itself gets lost in the product page and customers need huge neon lights that say type here!! So I just want the box bigger but can't find the code!

3) Anyone figure out how to allow the SAME PRODUCT to be ADDED more than once to the cart without losing product a's text info?? and I've tried the other contrib - option text type or whatever it's called and it sucks (installed 3 times and never got it working) -- so this is the contrib for me.

Many Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

~BREA

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all,

i will completely rewrite it soon, and will include the following new features:

- show text attributes in email

- ability to add product in cart with different values in textfield

- what else?

bye.

hello all,

- what else?

bye.

Some way for the store admin to specify whther the number of text attributes is related to the quantity ordered. For example if 3 of the same item are ordered then 3 text attributes can be specified.

The attribute may not necessarily be text input, could it be easily modifiable so that a 'option' box could be used.

Ok, Here is the sequence of events:

text2.gif

text3.gif

text4.gif

As you can see i get check boxes when setting up a product.

In the catalog when one selected is just shown as text and not a text box!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

i would like to know if anyone can let me know. how should the code be if I would like to have the shopping_cart.php to allow key the extra field instead of inside the product_info.php page.

• 2 months later...
Hi. The contribution works well for me.

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?

I am also having no problems with the contrib as it stands except when the customer orders more than one of the item, which have different imprints. We only get the details for last item ordered. Has this mystery been solved?

If want/need to try/see what I'm talking about, the URL is http://www.dragdepot.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=244

I had to add this line to /admin/includes

define('FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES', 'text_attributes.php');

Also, when i first installed I got an error that i needed to turn register_globals on. This is a security risk so i didnt do it. Instead I put the my old application_top.php which was fixed from register globals mod and then manually added your code sections from that file.

Lastly as you see in the image above there is that ugly Constant value showing up in the text attributes admin page. And it says TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES. I am trying to track down the source of this now so if anyone already has a fix for it please let me know what it is.

Modules installed:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57259 - Options attributes

- wysiwyg editor

- cats on main page

- policies and terms

I've got this installed and it seems to be displayed in admin no problem. I can assign an attribute to a product - ok so far.

Customer goes in, picks product, types in text for custom name. Proceeds to checkout.

text attribute shows up in "What's in My Cart", but does not showup in Checkout Confirmation. I compared the code and it's the same. So even proceeding, I checked out to see what would happen.

The order gets added.

Go into admin to view orders, the text attributes do not display for that order. I went direct into the database, and nothing is in the text attributes table for that order.

I sent back to the contribution and made sure I got everything. I'm at a loss :(

Any ideas?

I think this contribution is a dud right now. I just tried to install the other day and had similar issues. Others have had many problems also if you read back through a few post. As suggested in another post in this thread I went ahead and uninstalled this mod and installed a much better one from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57259&st=0

That mod is not perfect either but it atleast works. Search for its discussion thread and you will see the last two post are mine and what little issues I had with it. Once I get a solid store setup I will probably go back and contribute to that mod. There needs to be a way to add some better logic to it.

Modules installed:

- wysiwyg editor

- cats on main page

- policies and terms

hello all,

- what else?

bye.

Denis, when do you think this will be ready? Thanks!

hello all,

- what else?

bye.

I would like to see a way to group attributes together. For example.... I am selling furniture and there are differnt colors available for differnt materials. So I would like a way to link a set of radio buttons(materials) and based apon the selected radio button would determine what items to place in the list boxes.

Also I would like to see the attibutes page become a little better organized and not have to fill out three forms just to setup one item. You should be able to great attribute Groups and then assign those groups to the item. That way similar items can easily be setup with the attributes.

Modules installed:

- wysiwyg editor

- cats on main page

- policies and terms

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone using the Simple Template System, you need to add the following to the file sts_product_info.php:

// Text Attributes

$text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {

$template['textbox'] .= '</td></tr><tr><td class=main>' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], '');

} // Text Attributes

I put it just under the bit:

} else {

// No options, blank out the template variables for them

$template['optionheader'] = '';

$template['optionnames'] = '';

$template['optionchoices'] = '';

}

Then you need to add $textbox to where you want the boxes to be displayed in your template product_info.php.html

I put mine in the tabe with the $optionnames $optionchoices

Has anyone got this working with the PayPal IPN? I can't get the contents of the text boxes to follow through when using PayPal, but they work fine if paying by cheque.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im having problesm with the install.

Installed as per instructions for 1.3.1

When I click on Text Atributes or edit a product I am getting the following error;

1146 - Table 'aaaaaaa_osc1.products_text_attributes' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products_text_attributes

[TEP STOP]

Any help appreciated ?

Jon

Im having problesm with the install.

Installed as per instructions for 1.3.1

When I click on Text Atributes or edit a product I am getting the following error;

1146 - Table 'aaaaaaa_osc1.products_text_attributes' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from products_text_attributes

[TEP STOP]

Any help appreciated ?

Jon

My error, just noticed I installed to wrong database

Duh!

Works ok, but not seeing any sign of the entered text in the customer email of the order, the invoice or the packing slip?

Ive put packingslip.php and invoice.php into /admin

Jon

• 3 weeks later...
My error, just noticed I installed to wrong database

Duh!

Works ok, but not seeing any sign of the entered text in the customer email of the order, the invoice or the packing slip?

Jon

Hi,

Had no response, anyone help me out here?

As I said Im not seeing

any sign of the entered text in the customer email of the order, the invoice or the packing slip?

Is there another similar contribution that gives me a text box, if this contribution does not work?

Jon

• 2 months later...
For anyone using the Simple Template System, you need to add the following to the file sts_product_info.php:

Then you need to add $textbox to where you want the boxes to be displayed in your template product_info.php.html

Has anyone got this working with the PayPal IPN? I can't get the contents of the text boxes to follow through when using PayPal, but they work fine if paying by cheque.

I tried doing this but kept getting parse errors. Where does this go exactly? Where is the sts_product_info.php file.. I think I found 2 but neither of them had the "I put it just under the bit" code that followed! I would be so greatful to get these two contributions working together!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how i can get the tables containing the text box moved over to the left? I can?t remember what page is needed to be edited.

This is what i am getting and it?s throwing out my pages:

screen.gif

Thanks,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

:'( Anyone found out how to change the paypal_ipn.php page to make the imprint contrib work? Would appreciate some help with this.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
:'( Anyone found out how to change the paypal_ipn.php page to make the imprint contrib work? Would appreciate some help with this.

Neil

Yeah, I need this too! Half my orders aren't being completed because of people not clicking the return to merchant button (if they don't have a paypal account) and becuase of this module, paypal IPN doesn't work! I need these text options and the product attribute module is too cumbersome to use. Anyone? I may have to switch carts if I can't get these two to work!!! Any help would be super appreciated!!!

Karen

Anyone else had the problem of SOMETIMES the text attribute not coming through? This contribution seems to be working well (although not compatible with STS or PAYPAL IPN) most of the time. Every once in a while, it doesn't, with out anything being changed.

Any ideas? Also, anyone get this working with STS or Paypal IPN?

Thanks.. Great Contribution... hope to see an update. This one is so much easier to use than the product attributes/option type feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

Just installed the Imprint Text contrib. Installed with no problems :-) and is perfect for my needs... well almost!

When I log in as the customer after the order has been placed the text attributes are not showing on the order. In Admin and on the invoice and packing slip the attributes are appearing fine.

How can I get the attributes to appear for the customer when they look at their order online? I think this is the account_history_info.php where it needs to appear

I really need a quick fix for this, so I hope someone can help.

Cheers

Neil

• 4 weeks later...

I love this contribution too... I'd like the email to include the text options, but I can deal with it for now.

My bigger problem appears as this ("solved" by another poster here): this contribution is causing my products to show an "option" box even if there are no available options for that product - see HERE.

I thought this was a problem with another contribution, but someone here pointed at this one as the culprit. Any input?

I love this contribution too... I'd like the email to include the text options, but I can deal with it for now.

My bigger problem appears as this ("solved" by another poster here): this contribution is causing my products to show an "option" box even if there are no available options for that product - see HERE.

I thought this was a problem with another contribution, but someone here pointed at this one as the culprit. Any input?

Which one are you using? Denuz or Imprint? Call me confused, but I am ... :blink:

Even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room.