• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint Text Options

Hello!, I'm new here, let me tell you about my issue, it's really weird, everything works just fine with the installation and I added the text fields and all. During the purchase process everything seems ok, the fields are displayed and filled with the info I entered, but the problem comes when the purchase is completed, the fields are not stored in the orders_text_attributes table, so the fields are not displayed in the invoice, the confirmation email, the purchase order or anything.

I've been fighting with this for the last two weeks, please help me!!!, what's wrong?, thanks in advance.

Greetings.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!, I'm new here, let me tell you about my issue, it's really weird, everything works just fine with the installation and I added the text fields and all. During the purchase process everything seems ok, the fields are displayed and filled with the info I entered, but the problem comes when the purchase is completed, the fields are not stored in the orders_text_attributes table, so the fields are not displayed in the invoice, the confirmation email, the purchase order or anything.

It sounds like you missed the changes for the checkout_confirmation, or maybe the checkout_process, page.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you missed the changes for the checkout_confirmation, or maybe the checkout_process, page.

Hey!, thanks for the fast answer, I just double checked the files you mention but they are fine, I have all the "denuz" code that must be included.

I don't know, I'm with a really big headache here, do you have any other idea, maybe it has something to do with sessions?, thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings.

No, I'm sorry but can't think of any other reason why it would fail. You could try setting up a regular attribute (with the build-in code) and if that fails to follow through, then there is something wrong with your shop. Otherwise, it is probably related to this contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how to get the imprint text options not to show in the shopping cart if the fields arent filled in at the product info page?

See example

PRODUCT INFO

productinfo-imprint.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOPPING CART

shoppingcart-imprint.jpg

Nasco

Edited by wervelweb

• 3 weeks later...

hi out there!

I am using this contribution and it really works fine.

Expect in the case when a customer is paying via IPAYMENT...

the contribution doesn't write all the database-records! The text-options are written into the table "customer_basket_text_attributes" but are not transferred to "orders_text_attributes".

in my checkout_process.php there are the following lines:

// denuz text attr

$attr_q = tep_db_query("select * from customers_basket_text_attributes where session_id = '$osCsid' and products_id = " . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']));
   while ($attr = tep_db_fetch_array($attr_q)) {
      tep_db_query("insert into orders_text_attributes values ($insert_id, " . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . ", " . $attr['products_text_attributes_id'] . ", '" .  $attr['products_text_attributes_text'] . "')");
   }
   tep_db_query("delete from customers_basket_text_attributes where products_id = " . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . " and session_id = '" . $osCsid . "'");

// eof denuz text attr

but the query doesn't seem to be fired...

Any clues about solving this problem?

Downloaded 1_3_5 and ran the install sql query. Copied all files over. I cannot delete or edit the date & name attribs...I get 404 errors on the following URL:

http://www.mydomain.com/admin/FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES?page=1&taID=2&action=edit&osCAdminID=e3ba99c616f6c2d034ccf998612b50dc

I read through the other replies to this error, but I'm not seeing why I would get an error...clean install, copied files over...?

The capital letters, FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES, indicate you made a mistake in the installation. Search the install instructions for FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES and double check that you made that change.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The capital letters, FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES, indicate you made a mistake in the installation. Search the install instructions for FILENAME_TEXT_ATTRIBUTES and double check that you made that change.

My mistake, I thought all I had to do was run the install query & copy files. I made the changes per the install step 4, and now get this:

1146 - Table 'denisonco.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

select id from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS limit 1

[TEP STOP]

Unable to get into the admin area of the site...??? I appreciate the help!

My mistake, I thought all I had to do was run the install query & copy files. I made the changes per the install step 4, and now get this:

1146 - Table 'denisonco.TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' doesn't exist

Same problem. Capital letters mean a definition is missing. However, in this case, it is because you uploaded the files over the shops original. The files in the package are for an MS2 shop and you have an RC2 shop so you removed a standard definition that is needed by doing that. You need to restore your original files and make the changes manually.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Same problem. Capital letters mean a definition is missing. However, in this case, it is because you uploaded the files over the shops original. The files in the package are for an MS2 shop and you have an RC2 shop so you removed a standard definition that is needed by doing that. You need to restore your original files and make the changes manually.

My apologies Jack...and thanks for your patience. I have double & triple checked. All files have been updated manually, I see the text attributes box in the admin. I can add & edit them now. However when I go to edit the actual product to check off the text attributes, it is not there. Once again I have double checked all the files that I've added your "denuz" code. Not sure where to troubleshoot next...?

Once again, thanks for the help...

Scott

However when I go to edit the actual product to check off the text attributes, it is not there.

That's handled by the admin/categories.php file so if it is not working, and the attributest are setup correctly in admin->Catalog->Product Attributes, then there is most likely a mistake in that file. You can use the included one for a test but don't leave it in for production since it is not the same version. If it works, then use a compare program like WinMerge to compare the two files to find the mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's handled by the admin/categories.php file so if it is not working, and the attributest are setup correctly in admin->Catalog->Product Attributes, then there is most likely a mistake in that file. You can use the included one for a test but don't leave it in for production since it is not the same version. If it works, then use a compare program like WinMerge to compare the two files to find the mistake.

For anyone else reading...having the same problem...it was user error once again. There were 2 spots for code in the categories.php file.

Thanks Jack

I'd like to know how to make sure the order is correct...it's coming up as line 2, line 1 & then line 3 when I added them I added them in order...? You can see it here:

http://denisonco.com/product_info.php?products_id=262

I thought that was already handled but maybe not. Try this. In product_info.php, find this line

$text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

and change it to

$text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . " order by pta.products_text_attributes_name ASC");

I haven't tested this so be sure to backup your original file so you can restore it if there is a problem.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I thought that was already handled but maybe not. Try this. In product_info.php, find this line

$text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

and change it to

$text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . " order by pta.products_text_attributes_name ASC");

I haven't tested this so be sure to backup your original file so you can restore it if there is a problem.

Great Job! That fixed it! Very good support!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed Imprint Text V 1.3.5 using the manual method. When I attempt to open Admin/Catalog/Text Attributes (/admin/text_attributes.php) I get -

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/*****/public_html/****/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:23) in /home/****/public_html/****/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 23"

I've rechecked my install for any mistakes I may have made but can't find anything, please can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm fairly new to oscommerce so any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

I've rechecked my install for any mistakes I may have made but can't find anything, please can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm fairly new to oscommerce so any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Go to google and type this in the search box:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open()

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Go to google and type this in the search box:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open()

Thanks for your swift reply - I've already googled this and can't find anything that looks like it could be useful. Everything else in Admin/Catalog is working OK, just the new 'Text Attributes' that produces this error.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just installed the mod but getting errors. Not sure where to start!

Below is error

1146 - Table 'MYDATABASE NAME HERE.products_text_attributes' doesn't exist

select pta.*, cbta.products_text_attributes_text from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae, customers_basket_text_attributes as cbta where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = 32 and cbta.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and cbta.session_id = '4a644215f86adaacec4952cc13b2b63c'

Your help is deeply appreciated

Below is error

1146 - Table 'MYDATABASE NAME HERE.products_text_attributes' doesn't exist

The answer totally depends on the actual error.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The answer totally depends on the actual error.

Do you think that something in the contrib is not matching my the sql uploaded to database?

Here is some more of the errors on other pages relating to the contrib install:

After adding product to cart:

1146 - Table 'MYDATABSE NAME.customers_basket_text_attributes' doesn't exist

select cbta.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from customers_basket_text_attributes as cbta, products_text_attributes as pta where cbta.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and cbta.products_id = 89 and cbta.session_id = ''

[TEP STOP]

Edited by fan4chevy

1146 - Table 'MYDATABSE NAME.customers_basket_text_attributes' doesn't exist

Well, I doubt that the actual error says MYDATABSE NAME but since you've posted it twice, even after I asked for the real error, I assume that is the real error. And in that case, the code in your shop has a major problem and nothing to do with this contribution. You should post in the general support thread for assitance.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I doubt that the actual error says MYDATABSE NAME but since you've posted it twice, even after I asked for the real error, I assume that is the real error. And in that case, the code in your shop has a major problem and nothing to do with this contribution. You should post in the general support thread for assitance.

Thank you for your help. Actually I was just removing the personal site information and leaving it general for security purposes which is why I put MYDATABSE instead of the actual.

The resolution was actually a database issue which is now resolved. Thanks again.