• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not showing up

richtestani

I've made my first sale with OSCommerce through the PayPal mod.

The user filled in all the correct information, however there is no order stored on OSC.

There is no info in the PayPal reciept, just a total.

So he went through all the steps, filled out the form, added items to a cart and checked out with PayPal.

There is no order sale in OSC - anyone else know why this might be or expereience this?

Thanks

Rich

Rich

I had that problem with my first order. :)

Go to paypal and log in, then go to profile and under Website Payment Preferences you need to put your successful payment URL in the box that says return URL.

It should be your URL with checkout_success.php at the end.

If you set up the return url and the auto return it does return them and the order shows up whether they click continue or not

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

If you set up the return url and the auto return it does return them and the order shows up whether they click continue or not

Wendy I set up my return url as you suggested but the order didn't show up and when I checked my paypal setting I found the url had changed back to my url without the checkout_success.php not sure why paypal altered it?

Does the checkout success file need to be in the root?

Not sure why paypal did unless you didnt save it and no, not that I am aware of... as long as you specify exactly where it is it should take them there.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Not sure why paypal did unless you didnt save it and no, not that I am aware of... as long as you specify exactly where it is it should take them there.

Thanks Wendy I tried that but it keeps resetting to the default url of my main page, works fine with those that have a paypal account so I've set it so customers have to have a paypal account if they wish to pay via paypal, besides they do have the choice of cheque or bank transfer.

I'll see how that goes for now

Archived