• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer order is missing

spkids

Hello folks, can someone help me to resolve this problem please it happes sometimes but not all the time. Sometimes I receive a paypal payment but when I check the store and look at that customers orders, there is no order that has been recorded. Is there a fix for this please?

I have (2.2 MS2) installed.

thanks

David

That happens when a customer does not click the "back to merchant" or "continue" button when they have finished entering all of their information and so on.. on paypals site.

Quick fix would be to go into your payapl account, click on merchant tools then find the link for auto returns and set that up.

Other option is to use the paypal ipn contribution you can read about on the forums. I use the first option and it has worked great for me so far.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

That happens when a customer does not click the "back to merchant" or "continue" button when they have finished entering all of their information and so on.. on paypals site.

Quick fix would be to go into your payapl account, click on merchant tools then find the link for auto returns and set that up.

Other option is to use the paypal ipn contribution you can read about on the forums. I use the first option and it has worked great for me so far.

The auto-returns area says:

Auto Return for Website Payments

Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions and Shopping Basket. Learn More

Auto Return:

On

Off

Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below. Learn More

Return URL:

Return URL Requirements: The following items are required in order to set up Auto Return.

In accordance with the User Agreement, you must provide written information on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.

You must provide written information on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.

Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/uk to view details of this transaction.

Question is - What return URL should I use?

Thanks

David

I have set this up in paypal, but the order still doesnt come through if they make the payment and don't select return to merchant.

I believe there is a way you can add a master password and log into the customers account and check their cart. Is this a valid option?

Archived