• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating indexes on the db to increase performance

to me this post and contribution looks like still being relevant to a default MS2 install.

However, before you start optimizing your store, make sure to install some other contributions to actually measure your performance and see how things improve and work on specific problem areas.

Chemo has a number of contributions for performance optimizations released.

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

@ Carine.

Thank you, I have installed a few of Chemo`s contribs and also modified the GZip compression etc etc based on comments in this forum, modifying the database is not something im so confident about hence the post.

@ John

Thank you also for the link, I had a good read through, made a full back up of the site incase then added the indexes as per the post and it seems to be a few % quicker now im the other side.

Just need to join or remove all of these redundant queries somehow and it`ll be even quicker (category counts are not set to on).

[18] => select count(*) as count from categories where parent_id = '22'

Thank you for your time, tis appreciated :thumbsup:

Archived