• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Star product odd table behaviour

Bozmium

Hi forum,

A quick question on Star product i thought id throw out and see if anyone had encountered the same issue.

Great contribution, thanks to the author!

I have found that when i have an item which has a table in the description, such as a spec table etc, that when i switch it on as the Star Product it blows out my page and forces its way to the edge of the page, making my right hand column get pushed to the bottom of the page - not a good look.

By looking at the source of various pages with various items set as Stars that the issue is because Star product might cut off part way through a table and then you are left with incomplete table tags. ie. The start tag is there but if it cuts out halfway through a table then the end tags are missing.

I have found that by removing the table end tags in star product.php in a couple of locations the issue can be resolved, however this has to be instigated on a per item basis when you switch that item on. Some need it - others dont, depending on whether the description has a table or not.

Its quite possible that there is something wrong with my tables in index.php, but was wondering if anyone else had seen this, and maybe come up with a fix.

Cheers and thanks again for a great contrib! :thumbsup:

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Hi forum,

A quick question on Star product i thought id throw out and see if anyone had encountered the same issue.

Great contribution, thanks to the author!

I have found that when i have an item which has a table in the description, such as a spec table etc, that when i switch it on as the Star Product it blows out my page and forces its way to the edge of the page, making my right hand column get pushed to the bottom of the page - not a good look.

By looking at the source of various pages with various items set as Stars that the issue is because Star product might cut off part way through a table and then you are left with incomplete table tags. ie. The start tag is there but if it cuts out halfway through a table then the end tags are missing.

I have found that by removing the table end tags in star product.php in a couple of locations the issue can be resolved, however this has to be instigated on a per item basis when you switch that item on. Some need it - others dont, depending on whether the description has a table or not.

Its quite possible that there is something wrong with my tables in index.php, but was wondering if anyone else had seen this, and maybe come up with a fix.

Cheers and thanks again for a great contrib! :thumbsup:

don't know the contrib but best is to check what the last tag is before the description is written. if your description has <table> </table> in it, then the last tag should be <td> or </table> for instance to keep the tag integrity. Like

<td> your description......<table>......</table></td>

If the last one is a <tr> desription </tr> it causes problems already. like

<tr> your description......<table>......</table></tr>

Treasurer MFC