• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

removing box corner images entirely?

milkypop

hi,

is there any way to get rid of the corner images completely? they (and a few other tep_image pictures) won't show up when my site switches to ssl, and neither i nor anyone on this forum can fix the problem, so i figured the next best thing would be to remove them altogether. i do not want to replace them with transparent images or any other image!

by editing categories/shopping_cart/information.php in the "boxes" folder, i have managed to edit out the images on the right side of the boxes, but not the left. this leads me to believe i removed them the wrong way. i just want to remove those darn boxes! they'll be the death of me...

any help on how to do this?

thank you,

megan

www.milkypop.com

If you go into

catalog/includes/boxes and open the files in there for the different boxes you will see something that looks like

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

or

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, true);

depending on which side of the page the boxes appear. You can change it to

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

and that will stop the images from loading in

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

wendy,

I add my question right here, I don?t think its necessary to open a new topic.

How can I remove all the cartoon icons in the SUBcategories?

I removed them in the categories, not in the entire site though..(at "lets see what we have here" in the right corner)

I found this (written by you):

"You will also need to edit every main file if you want to remove those cartoon type images that show up throughout the site. There may be other ways but that is what I do."

I hope you?re not bored by this, but what are the main files and what do I have to edit there?

Thank you very much,

kryss

wendy,

I removed them in the categories, not in the entire site though..(at "lets see what we have here"  in the right corner)

"You will also need to edit every main file if you want to remove those cartoon type images that show up throughout the site. There may be other ways but that is what I do."

I came across a contrib that replaces the osc default images with a tranperent .gif. works great!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,default

now, wher is that stupid spel checker[/font]

wendy,

I add my question right here, I don?t think its necessary to open a new topic.

I removed them in the categories, not in the entire site though..(at "lets see what we have here"  in the right corner)

I hope you?re not bored by this, but what are the main files and what do I have to edit there?

Thank you very much,

kryss

The main files are the files located in your catalog folder

If you open them in some sort of editer you will find

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

The next line below that has the image on it, but it will be different depending on the page you are on. For example on the account.php it says

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_account.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

You can safely remove that, if you do not want the image at the top of the page across from the page heading.

The bold will always be the same... the red will change depending on the page you are on.

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_account.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Hope that makes sense. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived