• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet won't update

Hi everybody,

I downloaded stylesheet.css, made my adjustments using dreamweaver, then uploaded it again to the server. Changes included changing BODY background to black, changing A to red, and TD.smallText, SPAN.smalltext, P.Smalltext to grey - in other words, wholesale changes that should have been pretty obvious. Alas, no difference when I upload the .css file.

Worse still, I replaced oscommerce.gif with my own logo, (I called this file oscommerce.gif to keep things easy) and that won't update either. I've emptied tha cach on my browser and all changes from the admin panel take effect, so I'm stumped.

Any ideas anybody? :'(

are you sute the files are being ftp'd via dreamweaver?

I'm actually FTPing with CUTEFTP. Just using DW to edit the stylesheet. I've brought the file down again and my changes have definitely taken effect in the stylesheet. Just not on the site...

any other modifications to the site, ie contribituons or is this just a generic osCommerce and you tried modifying the sheet first?

Just worked it out - nothing to do with OScommerce. There is an ongoing problem I'm haing with the Mac and all browsers not refreshing for days at a time, regardless of me emptying caches, resetting browsers, etc. Back to the apple forums I go....

Thanks for your help anyway...

Archived