• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

header.php error message

CynthiaMueller

Hello,

I can access my osCommerce Admin panel fine, but when I "choose an action" I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: size() in /mnt/web_g/d18/s04/b0241827/www/catalog/admin/includes/header.php on line 51

Lines 51 and 52 are:

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo $messageStack->output('header');

I do not know how to fix this error. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Also, In the admin panel, it states that I am not protected by a secure SSL connection. I haven't yet figured out how to password protect the admin folder, but I'm working on it. How do I get the admin panel to be on a secure connection? Thanks very much for the help. (Trust me, I have been searching the forums for my answers!)

Thanks!

Cindy

The error you mention may mean that your database did not install correctly, or certain files did not install correctly - or that there is some sort of compatibility problem with the way php was compiled on your server. That is not one of the 'normal' errors we see here, so can't help any more than that other than to suggest running the install procedure again. By the way, is this a stock osC install, or one with phpNuke added? I ask this because this problem has been reported with the integration of these two programmes.

Regarding the 'admin' panel. You should firstly rename the 'admin' folder to something unique (not shopadmin, or admin2), and then edit the two references in admin/includes/configure.php from /admin/ to /newname/ This will make it difficult for someone to find your 'admin' panel to access it.

Then go to your web hosting control panel, and look for something like Password Protec or Directory Protection and then Password Protect that renamed folder.

SSL operation requires that you have access to a shared ssl certificate (get the address of it from your hosting company) or that you purchase a full ssl cert of your own. Come back for more help on this point when you have access to ssl.

Vger

Thanks Vger! This is a stock osCommerce install. I've been using Netfirms, and initially started out with their setup, but didn't like the way that they insert their name into my domain, so I've reinstalled osCommerce into my root directory and redoing everything. Phooey - I was hoping that this error would be easy to fix. Something like checking another file that I hadn't though of.

Thanks for the idea on changing the admin directory name. I will do that. I will contact customer support for Netfirms for the password protection - they don't have an option that I can find in their control panel. They are not too quick to respond to me, plus they usually just refer me to the knowledge base anyhow.

I do have access to the certificate through Netfirms, and I thought I had the address right in all the configure.php files. Maybe I'll create a new store in their control panel and then check out the addresses there.

Thanks for the help.

Cindy

Find out if they run osCommerce through the cgi bin, the same way that PowWeb do. If that is the case then each file has to have a piece of code in the head section of each file that references the cgi-bin, and not having that code could cause a problem similar to the one you have, because the error relates to the calling of the 'include header.php' command.

Vger

They do that, and although I don't know how, I have fixed the problem. I did replace it with an older truncated copy of the header.php file and was able to get past the admin panel. It didn't have a lot of the checks and warnings in it, so I found another copy and uploaded that. It still works.

On to the next problem (still waiting to hear from Netfirms about password protecting the admin folder) which is having my product attributes not sort in alphabetical order.

Thanks for the help!

Cindy

Archived