• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

cannot install the system

tomasos

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

I tries to enable it with a code the web host gave me but i don't know which file should I add this blog to...

What do you reccomend?

In addition - does some one knows ho to add tags to the cart (<marquee>) for example?

And ho do I make the cart more competible for SEO?

Thank you

TOm

If your host is happy for you to do it, then you can add this snippet of code to the .htaccess file in the root of your web. .htaccess is hidden in FTP, so to unhide it you need to enter -la into the empty box below the MkDir box, navigate out of the folder, come back to it and then you'll see the .htaccess file. This is the code to put in it:

php_flag register_globals on

Alternatively, as this is a new install, I would recommend that you install the register globals patch files (see below my name). This will allow you to run the site with register globals set to 'Off' in php.ini. By installing the patch now you will fireproof yourself against the day when your hosting company decides that they will no longer allow people to override their server-wide register globals settings.

I recommend that you get the site installed before worrying about adapting it :D

Vger

Archived