• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Emergency problem, can you help me?

Dabitz

All of the sudden, my store stopped writing orders to the store program or database, but payments are going through with paypal. I had to check everything out of stock. The only change I did yesterday was that I went and changed order status from "delivered" to "shipped". I know my server has been having a lot of "permission" problems, Unix. I really hope there is somebody out there that can help me out.

store at santanastown.com/catalog

If you are using the standard default PayPal module that comes with osCommerce then you need to sign up (in your PayPal account) for the Auto-Return feature. If you don't enable this, then when someone completes a purchase at PayPal but does not click the Continue button to be returned to your site, then the payment is accepted, but you get nothing in the database and no e-mails get fired off.

Alternatively install the latest PayPal IPN from Contributions (the one supported by Team Members), which has this feature built in, plus it pre-saves the shopping cart before going to PayPal.

Vger

If you are using the standard default PayPal module that comes with osCommerce then you need to sign up (in your PayPal account) for the Auto-Return feature.  If you don't enable this, then when someone completes a purchase at PayPal but does not click the Continue button to be returned to your site, then the payment is accepted, but you get nothing in the database and no e-mails get fired off.

Alternatively install the latest PayPal IPN from Contributions (the one supported by Team Members), which has this feature built in, plus it pre-saves the shopping cart before going to PayPal.

Vger

where can i find the configuration to mod the content of the email that get send out to the customers ?

apparantly the url that the email my store send to the customer contain a invalid url. :(

What address should I put in the auto return feature in Paypal? I tried it but it still didn't take me to the site directly...

The new mod looks good, but there is a section where you have to run something on PhpMyAdmin, and I don't know zip about how to do that.

Is it this one?http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,309/page,14

There is a few of them there... I don't want to make it too complicated, just be able to get my orders written in the system when buyers don't go back to my site.

Archived