• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images ?

Hi All

I am fairly new to all this..I am adding products to my shop, but for some reason there are no images, I am adding the images in jpeg format, but they do not show, anyone have any idea why?

Live shop: www.millbrookcomputers.co.uk

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Anthony

How are you adding your products?

Have you configured the store correctly - specifically in catalog/includes/configure.php on the line define WS-DIR_IMAGES?

Is your images directory chmodded correctly?

Are you refreshing your page (f5 and Ctrl in IE5) to see the latest version, not a cached image not found version?

answers to these questions will help us determine why your images aren't showing....

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Make sure your are using an FTP program to send them up to your server.

Make sure you are sending them to the correct folder on the server.

Should be catalog/images folder

Look in the catalog images folder to verify the pics are in there and verify the names are identical to those you specified in the product pages.

That is where I would start. :thumbsup:

One more thing, how big are your photos? if they are too big the server might be rejecting them.

Also Send the photo's up under Binary not ASCII, on some servers sending in ASCII Corrupts the photos to varying degrees, as I found out the hard way.

Good luck B)

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Just wondering if you got it fix and if so what the problem was?

I am in the same boat :'(

thanks!

Laney

Thank you for your quick replies :)

I will look into all your suggestions

Thanks again

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

I was having the same problem, so I went through your suggestions, mind you, I've done these before.

All checked fine, but the images still don't show.

So, I edited the products in the admin and uploaded the images from there, and now the images are showing.

Go figure. It should work uploading them through ftp, I wonder why it doesn't?

Laney

Make sure your are using an FTP program to send them up to your server.

Make sure you are sending them to the correct folder on the server.

Should be catalog/images folder

Look in the catalog images folder to verify the pics are in there and verify the names are identical to those you specified in the product pages.

That is where I would start. :thumbsup:

One more thing, how big are your photos? if they are too big the server might be rejecting them.

Also Send the photo's up under Binary not ASCII, on some servers sending in ASCII Corrupts the photos to varying degrees, as I found out the hard way.

Good luck  B)

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

I was having the same problem, so I went through your suggestions, mind you, I've done these before.

All checked fine, but the images still don't show.

So, I edited the products in the admin and uploaded the images from there, and now the images are showing.

Go figure. It should work uploading them through ftp, I wonder why it doesn't?

Laney

OSC is fragile and in some cases tempermental, It could be a permissions issue with your database, that is the next place I would check. Or, even a corrupt database, its hard to say.

Possibly someone else has a better explaination :blink:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

that's all I needed, a "temperamental" script! LOL So maybe a depressed robot will exist in the future after all huh (and not only on Adam's mind!LOL).

Anyway.... I am going to email my webhost and ask them about it.

thanks,

Elaine

OSC is fragile and in some cases tempermental, It could be a permissions issue with your database, that is the next place I would check. Or, even a corrupt database, its hard to say.

Possibly someone else has a better explaination :blink:

Archived