• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to upload my product database?

warrenp

I've managed to install everything (php, mysql, phpmyadmin, apache etc) and am sucessfully running oscommerce with the demo products that it comes with.

Now I want to install my product database (1800 products).

I have the database in phpmyadmin, and have even spliced it into the products database. But the thing is that there are so many damn products databases (Ie. products_options/notifications/attributes and so on) and I really don't need all the things they have to offer.

But whether I need them or not, I suppose I still have to use them, and I have a hunch that it is because I haven't used them that the advanced search page returns nothing (just the pink error "At least one of the fields in the search form must be entered"). All I need is a facility for members of my buyers group to place orders (no fancy things like tax or shipping calculations, member history, favorite products etc etc).

Do I really have to modify all these databases? (and enter all my products into all of them?) Or is there a way for oscommerce to simply take orders from one database (namely the one called "products") and forget the rest?

I would prefer a simple piece of software that simply has one products database, but seeing as I haven't found one on the internet, I am guessing that my next best method is to "prune" down oscommerce.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

(by the way, I do not need any of the checkout functions of oscommerce as all oder processing will be done offline, all I need is to have a record of what each member ordered for me to look at)

Archived