Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disappearing shipping address


aspiringarts

Recommended Posts

A new and strange error has occurred in my store. I received an online order, but the only area blank was Delivery Address. This shouldn't be possible, and the customer's address info is in the database and address book. This also means she wasn't charged shipping.

 

I tried creating a new account and ordering a similar item, but I was charged shipping and the address info worked perfectly.

 

Another strangeness - I went into the sql database, and all the states were missing. I manually input them.

 

The odder thing is that they show fine in the Customer Info in admin. But if I use other modules to view the same data, such as Newsletters/Subscribers, the state disappears. And one customer has had issues with the state on her account disappearing despite repeatedly setting it.

 

This part of my catalog hasn't been modified. What could be the issue? The customers aren't on AOL, so the only other similar post I could find didn't apply. I did a fairly extensive search and couldn't turn up anything.

 

I know this is vague, but I'd appreciate advice to start shooting this trouble in the foot.

 

To test my site if you wish: Aspiring Arts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd really appreciate some input on this... I've replaced catalog/address_book.php and address_book_process.php with fresh copies; everything appears to be working correctly at the catalog level, but the states still don't appear in the database. Are they stored elsewhere than the address_book table? Somehow the catalog seems to know what the states are, even though they aren't showing up in this table.

 

I even tried changing the State field to "not null," but still no change. Accounts I set up seem to work perfectly, but how did that glitch happen for the one customer?

 

Thanks for help,

Susan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd really appreciate some input on this... I've replaced catalog/address_book.php and address_book_process.php with fresh copies; everything appears to be working correctly at the catalog level, but the states still don't appear in the database. Are they stored elsewhere than the address_book table? Somehow the catalog seems to know what the states are, even though they aren't showing up in this table.

 

I even tried changing the State field to "not null," but still no change. Accounts I set up seem to work perfectly, but how did that glitch happen for the one customer?

 

Thanks for help,

Susan

 

 

i believe (not sure) that if the customer enters a state which is not defined as a zone, then that data is recorded in the addressbook under entry state. Otherwise it is entered as the entry_zone_id. that is a key value to the zones table.

Treasurer MFC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i believe (not sure) that if the customer enters a state which is not defined as a zone, then that data is recorded in the addressbook under entry state. Otherwise it is entered as the entry_zone_id. that is a key value to the zones table.

 

Thank you, that's very helpful and makes a lot of sense. I hadn't scrolled all the way over to see that part of the address_book table, but I should have been able to figure that out! Oh well, thanks!

 

Still don't know why that shipping address didn't go through...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And why does the entry_zone_id table sometimes reset to 1, making the state Alabama? This has happened to one customer of mine.

 

Sorry - correction - to four of them, and all of them live in Pennsylvania, which is Zone 51. I don't think they were all on the same browser, so it seems to be a database issue, where it trades 51 for 1. The zones table looks perfectly fine to the eye.

 

Thanks,

Susan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry - correction - to four of them, and all of them live in Pennsylvania, which is Zone 51. I don't think they were all on the same browser, so it seems to be a database issue, where it trades 51 for 1. The zones table looks perfectly fine to the eye.

 

Thanks,

Susan

 

well, if that has happened then it is a code issue not a database issue.

 

all I can tell you for now is that this code in create account sets those fields:

 

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

if ($zone_id > 0) { // it is a zone

$sql_data_array['entry_zone_id'] = $zone_id;

$sql_data_array['entry_state'] = '';

} else { // no it is not a zone

$sql_data_array['entry_zone_id'] = '0';

$sql_data_array['entry_state'] = $state;

}

}

 

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array);

Treasurer MFC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

all I can tell you for now is that this code in create account sets those fields:

 

      if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

        if ($zone_id > 0) { // it is a zone

          $sql_data_array['entry_zone_id'] = $zone_id;

          $sql_data_array['entry_state'] = '';

        } else { // no it is not a zone

          $sql_data_array['entry_zone_id'] = '0';

          $sql_data_array['entry_state'] = $state;

        }

      }

 

      tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array);

 

Amanda, thanks for the notes. All that code is in my create_account.php . This page is default OSC on my site. (I've been tinkering, but in a separate copy, not the live one.) And this particular problem has existed as long as my site has been online (a year or so).

 

Guess I was hoping for a known bug...

 

Thanks,

Susan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...