• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Order Problem

Okay, here's what happened. Someone placed an order and paid via PayPal. Payment went through fine. However, at the store there is no record of there being an order placed. This is my first customer. Not a great impression to give. :blink:

I've done a bit of searching on the forum about this problem and the only fix I could find was from 2003. I tried the code fix and it didn't work. Anyone know a current fix? :'(

Use the contribution Paypal IPN,

orders will be stored in oscommerce then

this happens when the customers makes the payment in paypal site but does not return in the oscommerce shop after successful payment.

thanks

arnie

Okay, here's what happened. Someone placed an order and paid via PayPal. Payment went through fine. However, at the store there is no record of there being an order placed. This is my first customer. Not a great impression to give.  :blink:

I've done a bit of searching on the forum about this problem and the only fix I could find was from 2003. I tried the code fix and it didn't work. Anyone know a current fix?  :'(

Use the contribution Paypal IPN,

orders will be stored in oscommerce then

this happens when the customers makes the payment in paypal site but does not return in the oscommerce shop after successful payment.

thanks

arnie

Errr... I'm not sure what version of OSCommerce I'm using. How do I identify it?

From what I understand, with this contrib:

If the buyer clicks "continue" at PayPal after payment the item gets "sold" at the store and shows up under: Reports > Products Purchased .. and the items sold are reduced from the inventory numbers.

If the buyer doesn't click "continue" at PayPal after payment, the item is marked as pending under: Reports > Customer Orders-Total .. where I have to manually change the status of it before it's considered "sold" and the invenory is reduced accordingly.

I've gone through PayPal sandbox and that seems to be the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong. :blink:

....Okay that's not the case. No matter what I do, the item never shows up under "Reports > Products Purchased" nor is the inventory reduced unless the customer clicked continue, even if I change the status of the item in the admin. Ugh! This is so annoying! :'(

The auto return only works for customers that are members and signed in to PayPal. Those that just use PayPal to check out using their new feature button where you don't have to be a member aren't included in the auto return. Here is what I got off the PayPal website....

"Note: If you have turned on Auto Return and have chosen to turn on PayPal Account Optional for new users, a new user will not be automatically directed back to your website, but will be given the option to return."

Those new non-PayPal member customers will still have to hit the return to site button and if they don't you will still have the same problem of not showing in your shopping cart. I talked to a PayPal tech about this when I was trying to set up the IPN and he concurred what the website said.

So the only workable solution to make sure both PayPal members and customers who choose to just checkout who aren't members all show up in your cart is the PayPal contribution.

Archived