osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What do you think?

ksaun

Hey All, :thumbsup:

Here it is tell me what you think? :blush:

My Webpage

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Hello!!, is there anybody out there? :huh:

Hello!!, is there anybody out there? :huh:

I know this is the right forum, because I have taken the time to view and help others on their website.

So why doesn't anyone have anything to say about mine? :blink:

I really need to get a fresh perspective on this, so any constructive comments will be appreciated.

:thumbsup:

I know this is the right forum, because I have taken the time to view and help others on their website.

So why doesn't anyone have anything to say about mine?  :blink:

I really need to get a fresh perspective on this, so any constructive comments will be appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Not much to say really.. looks like a standard osc install with a some box headers.

I would maybe get rid of top in the breadcrumb as top and catalog are the same url.

good luck with it!

F5

Not bad, store could be a little more optimized though.

Remove bestsellers, it is pointless, if someone is going to buy ink from you, they most likely would never see it under there. They will be looking for a specific item.

Also, if you do that bring the login box into your header and remove the right column completely.

I like your product listing, it is nice.

If you want to sell you have to have a script that will automatically find cartridges for a printer. By Mod Num, Brand, Series. You get the picture. People are lazy they'd rather just find the ink they need though one site, then buy. If they go somewhere else to look up what they need, they'll just buy from that guy or his affiliate. If you develop something. Put that on your main page in the center or in your header.

Good Luck to you :thumbsup:

First, Thanks for taking a look UnrivaledPC

I agree with you that the Best sellers infobox should be removed. But, If I Remove it and move the login box to the Header I would still have the Cart on the right. So it doesn't really make sence to only have the cart on the right it will make the site look unbalanced.

What do you mean automatically find the cartridges? :blink:

If you mean the customer putting in the cartridge number or the model number of their printer, fax, copier to find the correct cartridge, it already does that its called the Search Box.

The last comment you made,

If they go somewhere else to look up what they need, they'll just buy from that guy or his affiliate. If you develop something.

I don't know what you are refering to, Why would someone need to go to another site to find what they needed? All the info they would want about a specific cartridge is on my site and I have no links to any other sites that would direct them to any other site. :blink:

And with all the info I have for each product why would anyone need to go to another site to find what they need?

I agree with you that the Best sellers infobox should be removed. But, If I Remove it and move the login box to the Header I would still have the Cart on the right.  So it doesn't really make sence to only have the cart on the right it will make the site look unbalanced.

You could move the Information box to the right column below the login box. That would keep it pretty well balanced. And having the login box directly below the cart has a good feel to it.

That way, your left column focuses on products (search and categories) and your right column focuses on site functions (cart, login & informtion). So it makes logical sense.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

You could move the Information box to the right column below the login box.  That would keep it pretty well balanced.  And having the login box directly below the cart has a good feel to it.

That way, your left column focuses on products (search and categories) and your right column focuses on site functions (cart, login & informtion).  So it makes logical sense.

That would make it more balanced, but don't people expect to see the Information Box directly under the Products?

I'll try it and see what it looks like.

Anything else you see that may not make sence or not working properly? :blush:

Only thing that screams at me is your thumbnails are tiny (might be because of my monitor setting too lol ) but they are all blurry and squished and kinda funky looking. Like little accordians (sp?) or something to me. lol

And on the product info page, the information doesn't go all the way across the page to the other side and it throws it off a little bit for me since all of the other pages go all the way across.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Only thing that screams at me is your thumbnails are tiny (might be because of my monitor setting too lol ) but they are all blurry and squished and kinda funky looking. Like little accordians (sp?) or something to me. lol

And on the product info page, the information doesn't go all the way across the page to the other side and it throws it off a little bit for me since all of the other pages go all the way across.

What is your monitor setting? All the photos look fine on my screen and all the other screens I tried them on. :blink:

My Monitor setting is 1280 x 1024. on a 19" flat panel on a 15" @ 800 x 600 they look huge.

I've been toying with the idea of centering the store to fix the issue of the product pages. and use it to get some more color into the site. I think you just convinced me.

You notice anything else ? :huh:

I'm still entering the prices and tweeking the look of the EZ New Field Contrib so almost all the prices on the product pages are missing, should have that fixed in a day or two. :thumbsup:

At 1024 x 768 on a 19" conventional Sony Trinitron monitor, the thumbnails do have the problem that WendyJames referenced. Namely, diagonal straight edges have a severe case of the "jaggies".

What are you using to generate the thumbnails? Auto thumbnailer, or are you doing it in a graphics program? If in a graphics program are the image proportions being constrained (they need to be)? What is the dpi of the end result (should be 72dpi).

I'm not sure if something is happening in the differences between flat panels and conventional monitors. 1280x1024 is a native screen size of many flat panel displays. But there are still more legacy conventional monitors in service than flat panels.

In case this is of any interest, here is a breakdown of monitor resoultions that visit my site (reported using Urchin):

1. 1024x768  58.86%       

2. 800x600    24.49%       

3. 1280x1024  7.43%       

4. 1152x864    3.26%       

5. 1280x800    1.22%       

6. 1600x1200    0.92%       

7. 1400x1050    0.76%       

8. 1440x900      0.46%       

9. 1680x1050    0.31%       

10. 1280x768    0.31%

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

I am using a 21" moniter set at 1600 x 1200 Not the most used... lol but with this size moniter anything else could be read from across the room. =) I have tried, it's freakie.

Oh, for what it's worth when I checked my sites stats they came in as

1024x768

1280x1024

800x600

in that order with the other sizes being so much less used they aren't worth listing.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

What is the dpi of the end result (should be 72dpi).

This is irrelevant for on-screen graphics. The only thing that really matters is the pixel size and whether the image is being shrunk or enlarged by the browser (it shouldn't be, as this looks horrible).

What is the dpi of the end result (should be 72dpi).

This is irrelevant for on-screen graphics. The only thing that really matters is the pixel size and whether the image is being shrunk or enlarged by the browser (it shouldn't be, as this looks horrible).

You are correct, total pixel dimensions are what really matter. I am just used to this standard. It is helpful when you are viewing the image in an art program (i.e. Photoshop). If you view a 100x80 image at 150dpi at 100% size, it will not look the same as it will in a browser. If it is set to 72 dpi, it should look the same as it will in a browser.

Technically, traditional monitors on a Windows system run at 96dpi. 72dpi came from the Mac world, but did become the common usage on the web.

Browser resizing could be the problem. If the image pixel dimensions don't match the size defined in the html, then the browser will resize the image to match the html dimensions with poor results.

You are correct, total pixel dimensions are what really matter.  I am just used to this standard.  It is helpful when you are viewing the image in an art program (i.e. Photoshop).  If you view a 100x80 image at 150dpi at 100% size, it will not look the same as it will in a browser.  If it is set to 72 dpi, it should look the same as it will in a browser.

Technically, traditional monitors on a Windows system run at 96dpi.  72dpi came from the Mac world, but did become the common usage on the web.

Browser resizing could be the problem.  If the image pixel dimensions don't match the size defined in the html, then the browser will resize the image to match the html dimensions with poor results.

My Pictures are on the average 180 x 180 at 72dpi and 200 x 200 at 96dpi. The picture is being shrunk by OSC to the size you see on the product pages. The actual size of the photo is being displayed when you select the "Click to Enlarge".

How do I correct the problem? Do I need to create 2 sizes of photos? :blink:

Besides the pictures is there anything else you noticed that needs fixed? :huh:

My Pictures are on the average 180 x 180 at 72dpi and 200 x 200 at 96dpi. The picture is being shrunk by OSC to the size you see on the product pages. The actual size of the photo is being displayed when you select the "Click to Enlarge".

How do I correct the problem? Do I need to create 2 sizes of photos? :blink:

Besides the pictures is there anything else you noticed that needs fixed? :huh:

Use a thumbnail contrib and you will not have to make 2 sets of pictures...

If you are a perfectionist use, ultra pictures and have 3 pictures for every product...

About your site, quite nice....but could use some refinement....

B)

Use a thumbnail contrib and you will not have to make 2 sets of pictures...

If you are a perfectionist use, ultra pictures and have 3 pictures for every product...

About your site, quite nice....but could use some refinement....

B)

Don't really think I need 3 pics for each product, but I will use the thumbnail contrib.

Also, can you make some suggestions on how to refine the site? :blush:

Still inputting all the prices after installing the EZ new fields contrib, I'm up to IBM so anything before that is OK to look at.

Archived