• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Home Page Background Image

Swindon_Boy

:'(

Hi all, I am trying to add an image to my index.php as the background but can only seem to add one to everypage by changing the stylesheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Your help is much appreciated

:thumbsup:

:'(

Hi all, I am trying to add an image to my index.php as the background but can only seem to add one to everypage by changing the stylesheet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Your help is much appreciated

:thumbsup:

Hi Swindon_boy! Actually, I am trying to do exactly what you are trying NOT to do.

Can I ask how you edited your stylesheet so that the background changed on every page?

Add something like

background: #ffffff url(images/imagename.jpg);

to the body tag on your catalog/stylesheet.css

that specifies a color and image

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

That's exactly what I did in the stylesheet. Is it that simple that I just do the exact same thing but in the index.php page?

I did try that but nothing happened.

Any ideas?

thanks

Actually my post was for xuande. Sorry about the confusion.

As for having it just show up on the index page there are several ways to do it, I think.

1. do not have a background image specified in the stylesheet.css and manually add it to the index.php

2. make a second stylesheet.css by copying the first, name it indexstyle.css or something so you know what it is, specxify your background image and then change <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css"> on index.php to reflect the new stylesheet name.

3. add the style to index.php

<style type="text/css">

body { background-image: url(images/background.jpg);}

</style>

UNDER where it says

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

You have to remember though that index.php is actually 3 pages so it will show up on the main page, the main catagory page and the sub catagory pages.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived