• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Strange Error message. What happened?

81f82eae

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

What does this mean?

http://senses.terascape.net

66 function tep_session_start() {

67 return session_start();

68 }

Lines 65-68 on sessions.php. I tried the whitespace thing, and had no effect. The shop has been up for a month, without ever getting this message. I also transferred the original sessions.php from my original download. Still nothing.

Search turned up nothing that worked either.

tep_session_destroy();

if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {

session_set_save_handler('_sess_open', '_sess_close', '_sess_read', '_sess_write', '_sess_destroy', '_sess_gc');

}

Is mysql supposed to have 2 "=" signs? I took one out, then nothing loaded. Fen si le! (sorry, swearing in chinese again.) :blush:

tep_session_destroy();

if (STORE_SESSIONS == 'mysql') {

session_set_save_handler('_sess_open', '_sess_close', '_sess_read', '_sess_write', '_sess_destroy', '_sess_gc');

}

Is mysql supposed to have 2 "=" signs?  I took one out, then nothing loaded.  Fen si le! (sorry, swearing in chinese again.) :blush:

don't know where you get your error message from but I don't see it.

Treasurer MFC

That's the original code. If I did make any changes, I copied the original straight from the zip file onto this to try to fix it. Didn't work.

How do I make it do it only once? I'm a newbie to php really. I can change things, but not that easily. :)

It's getting worse after logging in.

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Warning: session_write_close(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

It's getting worse after logging in. 

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Warning: session_write_close(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /home/skyline5k/www/misc/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 106

Treasurer MFC

I'm probably going to have to. Searching around here seems that I'm not the only one with the problem. And we tested the site on and off for a month before we went live. Our first customer triggered the breakdown.

Aggrivating.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find what triggers the call to php3session_user->gc, because my mysql sessions table just gets fuller and fuller (max lifetime is 1440)

Should it be called regularly (e.g. when each new session is created, call the garbage collector to clear old ones), because it doesn't seem to be,

Thanks

Quentin

Archived