• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TDSounds - going live soon..

sambadave

We are almost ready to go live with a site that has been worked on for the last 2 months - we would really appreciate it if anyone would like to preview it and come back to us with any comments and/or suggestions for improvement.

The site is : http://www.tdsounds.co.uk/catalog

Thanks in advance

Dave

I've taken a breif look;

Get rid of the XXXXXX request since XXX on the footer.

I would suggest using something to center your shop for 800x600 res

I love the colors, I don't know why but I think they really work with what you are selling. It is the first Stock os site that I really like :thumbsup: .

I would suggest new buttons. the silver one are not right. This is the link for Button Generator You can create custom buttons for you site!!! I'm sure you will get more reviews about the tech end of the site but so far

I like it. Good luck.

Raymond

I ran your page through an analyzer. It is 224kb; 179kb of that is images.

This isn't the first time I've made this suggestion...

'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

This contrib helped me a lot, it is very easy to install, you most likely have the GD library. It comes with php 4.3 and above. If not ask your web host to install the library.

Use <?php echo phpinfo(); ?> to see what version you are running.

Good Luck

Dan Richards (unrivaledpc.com)

Dont take this to heart dan, its just my option.

1, it still looks like its out of the box, try to change the look as much as possible, lots of sites look like the osc one, but its your choice.

2, copyright and banner why not replace the banner or just remove it, the osc one is just for show and it doesnt match your site, you have changed the look of the site so you have the copyrights : ).

3, i agree with the request bit, if you are going to keep it add a few zeros at the end : 0.

4, Languages, you are only offering english so why show the language part, you really only need that box if you are using more than one.

now likes i like the colours it goes well with what you sell, the images are clear and the prices are good. overall not a bad start.

hope you dont think i was nic picking, all the above was told to me at one time.

What every you choice to do good luck with the site m8

Please can we have more feedback? This is a big project for us, neither being professional web designers. Some very useful comments so far, but can someone look in depth at the site and its functionality? This is the first time we have created a shopping basket site.

Thanks in anticipation

Giselle

Thanks for feedback so far - very useful - we have modified a number of things and invite further feedback.

You can go right through to placing an order if you like - the site is in test mode and no money will be taken (we use Nochex for UK - set up currently with a test account) and Worldpay for non-UK (also in test mode).

So, please have another look and let us know.

Thanks very much

Dave

Please can we have more feedback? This is a big project for us, neither being professional web designers. Some very useful comments so far, but can someone look in depth at the site and its functionality? This is the first time we have created a shopping basket site.

Thanks in anticipation

Giselle

Hi

I put some drumsticks in my cart then went to another page, then back to the top level. I couldnt find the drumsticks category again. I think the navigation may need some work, or maybe I should keep off the JD!

good luck

F5

Archived