• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upcoming_products contribution help needed

edesignz

Hi All,

As you know, this is a contribtion which displays a stores upcoming products in an info box rather than in the main area.

Basically, i understand everything in this contirbution but for the following step in the install.txt file:

6. Run the following SQL query to add into the configuration table the default values for min and max display

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Upcoming Products', 'MIN_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', '1', 'Minimum number of upcoming products to display', '2', '25', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) VALUES ('Upcoming Products', 'MAX_DISPLAY_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', '10', 'Maximum number of upcoming products to display', '3', '25', now());

Im new to this so, in simple terms what do they mean by this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Steve

It means you have to get into your database and run the query

How you do it depends on how you connect to your database. Different hosts handle it differently.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I don't use CPanel so I can not help but your host should have a FAQ area that will tell you how to do it... or maybe someone else can explain it to you. Lots of people who use this forum seem to use CPanel, or know about it.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Ive done it! woooohoooooo!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Wendy    :)

You're welcome! :D

The trick will be remembering how you did it, incase you ever want to install a different contribution that will require you to edit the database. ;)

Wendy James