• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ability to create a NEW order in Admin

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a contrib that allows me to go into my Admin, and create a new order, for a new customer, as a one-off?

I would like to use osCommerce as my primary order management system.

But since I get orders both online and offline, I can't use it like that, because it takes too much time to create a new Customer through the regular store interface, and then place an order for them that way, too.

I'd like to be able to go into "Orders", and press "New" or "Create". Then I'd go to a new field entry screen where I'd enter the customer's name, and select their order from drop down lists.

osCommerce would calculate the total cost etc., just as it does now.

I hope this makes sense. Right now it is just too complicated to go into osC and create a new user with the customer's name and details, and then go through all the products adding them to the customer's shopping cart, etc etc.

Also, what happens if that customer decides "yes, i'd like to order from your online store, even though I've ordered from you over the phone in the past!"

Only to find that their username is taken, and of course they have no idea what i entered as their password....

;) Help!!

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a contrib that allows me to go into my Admin, and create a new order, for a new customer, as a one-off?

I would like to use osCommerce as my primary order management system.

But since I get orders both online and offline, I can't use it like that, because it takes too much time to create a new Customer through the regular store interface, and then place an order for them that way, too.

I'd like to be able to go into "Orders", and press "New" or "Create". Then I'd go to a new field entry screen where I'd enter the customer's name, and select their order from drop down lists.

osCommerce would calculate the total cost etc., just as it does now.

I hope this makes sense. Right now it is just too complicated to go into osC and create a new user with the customer's name and details, and then go through all the products adding them to the customer's shopping cart, etc etc.

Also, what happens if that customer decides "yes, i'd like to order from your online store, even though I've ordered from you over the phone in the past!"

Only to find that their username is taken, and of course they have no idea what i entered as their password....

;)  Help!!

There are a couple of contrubutions for that Attuide Simple Order Entry This is simple and does a fine job...But, it has a bug in the admin.php file you can search support thread to find out more. The 2nd one is*Order Editor. I have also tryed this one but I had anothe contrubution installed that had a conflict. Good luck :thumbsup:

Raymond

There are a couple of contrubutions for that Attuide Simple Order Entry This is simple and does a fine job...But, it has a bug in the admin.php file you can search support thread to find out more. The 2nd one is*Order Editor. I have also tryed this one but I had anothe contrubution installed that had a conflict. Good luck :thumbsup:

Raymond

Hi Raymond, thanks I appreciate your reply!

Actually I already have the "* Order Editor" installed...

The problem is that it only really works for existing customers who have placed an order.

i.e. I can't see a way either to quickly create a new customer, or to create a new order for an existing customer (correct me if I am wrong)

And the prob with the second contribution is that it still involves creating a new customer login - so what happens if that customer decides to place an online order with you in the future? They won't know what their password is, I would guess.

Correct me if I wrong on these points; I am certainly wrong more than i am right ;)

Thanks again

Rimbaud

Hi Raymond, thanks I appreciate your reply!

Actually I already have the "* Order Editor" installed...

The problem is that it only really works for existing customers who have placed an order.

i.e. I can't see a way either to quickly create a new customer, or to create a new order for an existing customer (correct me if I am wrong)

And the prob with the second contribution is that it still involves creating a new customer login - so what happens if that customer decides to place an online order with you in the future? They won't know what their password is, I would guess.

Correct me if I wrong on these points; I am certainly wrong more than i am right ;)

Thanks again

Rimbaud

The attidude order edtion I think sends the customer an email or the order then you can send them a temp password. It is ez to install and it does works great but do check the "bug", heck, maybe you can fix it!!!

The attidude order edtion I think sends the customer an email or the order then you can send them a temp password. It is ez to install and it does works great but do check the "bug", heck, maybe you can fix it!!!

OK yes I see what you're saying, thanks.

I've just installed the Attitude mod.

But it seems only marginally more efficient than just doing it all myself, manually, on my web site!

For instance I still have to fill out all the "required fields"... which is a waste of time since for a an order in person at my shop (for example) i don't need to KNOW this info!

Entering dummy data will quickly become tedious....

Also, I still have to add products, and click through the lengthy checkout process, even though the order has already been placed.

Sorry to sound petulent! But this mod doesn't seem much easier than just doing it all myself through the web interface. It's still awful tedious. Really, adding a manual order for a new phone (not internet) customer should be a one-screen, or 2 at most, process.... what do you think?

OK yes I see what you're saying, thanks.

I've just installed the Attitude mod.

But it seems only marginally more efficient than just doing it all myself, manually, on my web site!

For instance I still have to fill out all the "required fields"... which is a waste of time since for a an order in person at my shop (for example) i don't need to KNOW this info!

Entering dummy data will quickly become tedious....

Also, I still have to add products, and click through the lengthy checkout process, even though the order has already been placed.

Sorry to sound petulent! But this mod doesn't seem much easier than just doing it all myself through the web interface. It's still awful tedious. Really, adding a manual order for a new phone (not internet) customer should be a one-screen, or 2 at most, process.... what do you think?

I see your point. Most credit cards companys require addresses for auth. as for eamails and the rest of the info you might want to try this

Purchase without an Account it might stream line your process. :thumbsup:

Also the problem with both the Attitude mod and the "* Order Edit" mod is that they don't take into account any face-to-face discounts.

I know that most stores don't do this, but I sell live plants from my home, and when someone comes around, I almost invariably give them a discount.

In the * Order Editor mod, it tells you to "feel free to apply a dicsount by applying a negative quantity to one of the products"

Of course once the product has a negative quantity applied, it disappears form the invoice list!

So that desn't work.

The reason I want to use osCommerce to manage my orders is that half of my orders are online, plus I like the easy one-click "invoice" procedure to print the customer's receipt.

I could use the mod that exports all the order details to an Excel file; but that defeats the purpose since I wanted to use the nifty "Invoice" function in osC :)

It would be good to be able to use the Order Editor to either just create a new invoice for an existing customer (i could just create a bogus "Manual Entry" customer to which I would associate all non-internet orders)

And it would be good to disable the "totals" calculation facility in osC to basically allow for a manual order entry.

Pretty simply eh? I'd like to create MANUAL ORDERS ;)

Oh well.. I am not a programmer and don't have $$ so i will just have to sit tight and see what appears over the next year or so :)

Thanks for your help in this, to those who responed.

Also the problem with both the Attitude mod and the "* Order Edit" mod is that they don't take into account any face-to-face discounts.

I know that most stores don't do this, but I sell live plants from my home, and when someone comes around, I almost invariably give them a discount.

In the * Order Editor mod, it tells you to "feel free to apply a dicsount by applying a negative quantity to one of the products"

Of course once the product has a negative quantity applied, it disappears form the invoice list!

So that desn't work.

The reason I want to use osCommerce to manage my orders is that half of my orders are online, plus I like the easy one-click "invoice" procedure to print the customer's receipt.

I could use the mod that exports all the order details to an Excel file; but that defeats the purpose since I wanted to use the nifty "Invoice" function in osC  :)

It would be good to be able to use the Order Editor to either just create a new invoice for an existing customer (i could just create a bogus "Manual Entry" customer to which I would associate all non-internet orders)

And it would be good to disable the "totals" calculation facility in osC to basically allow for a manual order entry.

Pretty simply eh? I'd like to create MANUAL ORDERS  ;)

Oh well.. I am not a programmer and don't have $$ so i will just have to sit tight and see what appears over the next year or so  :)

Thanks for your help in this, to those who responed.

I came accross this in the contrbutions POS

Archived