• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Caches and "tmp" file messing up my categories

jchiesa

I am using "Ecommerce Manager" from 7dana.com which is basically osCommerce and various contributions compiled into one installation. This software is great. The only issue I am having with osCommerce is that my categories aren't consistent with what is actually available.

For instance I only have two product categories "BRLYNS" and "Magazines". However, if you browse my site for a couple of minutes you will soon notice that the categories menu changes to "Categories, Accessories, Cases, Consumables, Cooling Devices, Desktops, Display Cards, FDD ZIP, Hard Drives, Keyboards, etc, etc". Not only did my categories change but every link was to some website called compusys.co.nz.

I couldn't figure it out until I got this Email:

Hi There,

I own a company, CompuSYS New Zealand, at the address www.compusys.co.nz. I use OSCommerce as the platform for business. Periodicly I notice my CATEGORIES and MANUFACTURER boxes on my site display the categories and manufacturer from your site!!!, Februus Comics. I'm sure there is nothing malicious about it, but it would appear that our caches for these particular boxes for oscommerce are coliding with each other, most likely because of our use of /tmp/ as a location for temporary data. This shouldn't be happening but it's obviously a security flaw in the OSCommerce software. Have you noticed any problems with your site. Particulary after I reset the caches through my admin, which appears to be the only way I can regain my categories and manufacturers.

Does anyone out there know how to fix my issue? I would greatly appreciate some help :)

Regards,

ajchiesa

FebruusComics.com

this usually means you are on a shared server with multiple oscommerce accounts, you need to setup a tmp directory within your own document_root

also set store_sessions to 'mysql' in your configure.php files

Archived