• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Price Options?

rla128

I am running oscommerce for an artist's website.

Each picture has different options (different sized prints, original, posters, etc).

Is it possible to have a dropdown menu for each item in order so that the customer can select which "version" or size or print or whatever of the painting they want, which would then replace the product's current price?

I believe that what you want could already be on oscommerce.  Its called product attributes in your admin. 

Could that be your answer.

Can I make this a product by product thing, though? The "Limited Edition" print may cost different amounts for each product, for example.

Is it possible to have a dropdown menu for each item in order so that the customer can select which "version" or size or print or whatever of the painting they want, which would then replace the product's current price?
What you want is something that the "master products" contributions like Master Products by Galen and

Master Products - MS2 offer. However, those do not have drop-down menu's but table listings for the different products/versions associated with a master.

Also the stock options and attributes will do what you want to some degree. You can create different values for the same options, and associate them with differing products. You would want to do a bit of modification, to control the sort order of the options, and to change the way the price changes are displayed, but it's not too difficult to do both of these things.

Jeremy

I've been looking for something along those lines -

www.droidsimages.com is what I have put together to try and pull this off. I am pretty close to having it the way it needs to be. Just a few more tweaks and I'll be able to stop poking around at it!!!

Let me know what you think.

Andy

Archived