• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Boxes of 6 or 12 bottles

darkdiamond

Hi. I'm opening a store and I experienced this problem.

We sell wine, and I need that a costumer can buy 6 or 12 bottles, not 2, not 11, not 8. The problem is that the bottles could be different so the box could be composed of different types of wine (of different products). So I need a contribution to accept orders only if the TOTAL of the items in the cart is 6 or 12. Does anyone know if there is something that will do that?

Thank You

Tommy

Simple,

1 - Offer a product and assign a price, ?Assorted 6 bottle box?

2 - Add options, ?bottle1, bottle2, bottle3, etc.?

3 ? Add attributes to each ?bottle? option (with no dollar value) 1 Red wine, 1 White wine, 1 Blue wine, etc.

Customer will click on product (Assorted 6 bottle box) then see 6 drop downs each containing all the choices for selection to total the 6 bottles.

wazu :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Another option is:

Quantity Price Breaks Per Product

I'm not sure if will work with mixed cases.

HTH,

Robert

Nope! Gives you the first part of solution. Customer can buy no less than e.g. 6 bottles, but there is no way you can prevent a customer from buying 9,10 or 11 bottles.

Desparately looking for solution, since I have client with same problem

damsbo

Nope!  Gives you the first part of solution. Customer can buy no less than e.g. 6 bottles, but there is no way you can prevent a customer from buying 9,10 or 11 bottles.

Interesting. Perhaps you can explain what this function in PriceFormatter.php does then:

function adjustQty($qty) {
// Force QTY_BLOCKS granularity
$qb = $this->getQtyBlocks();
if ($qty < 1)
 $qty = 1;

if ($qb >= 1)
{
 if ($qty < $qb)
	 $qty = $qb;

if (($qty % $qb) != 0)
	 $qty += ($qb - ($qty % $qb));
}
return $qty;
 }

Interesting. Perhaps you can explain what this function in PriceFormatter.php does then:

?function adjustQty($qty) {
// Force QTY_BLOCKS granularity
$qb = $this->getQtyBlocks();
if ($qty < 1)
?$qty = 1;

if ($qb >= 1)
{
?if ($qty < $qb)
?	$qty = $qb;

?if (($qty % $qb) != 0)
?	$qty += ($qb - ($qty % $qb));
}
return $qty;
?}

I asked for that one, didn't I.

A few keystrokes and a roll-back from my back-up solved the problem. Thnx a lot. I never would have found the piece of code on my own.

I bow to genious minds.

damsbo

It is possible to have the quantity discount (with various price levels) applied to only to certain items (for example, 3 different CD's), but not anything else in the store?
Yes, the product quantity and quantity discount levels are entered in the admin section for single products, not groups, or categories or whatever.

Ok, thanks for the reply! Actually, I want a quantity discount and I want it to put all the quantities from select items together and apply the discount to those products based on the quantity purchased.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Lavern Gingerich

Ok, thanks for the reply! Actually, I want a quantity discount and I want it to put all the quantities from select items together and apply the discount to those products based on the quantity purchased.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Oops, I know it can be done if you use all products (some post of mine in the SPPC thread) and Tom Maene/Darklings is working on doing this by category but I'm not aware of a contribution or an example of how to do it in that case. Doesn't sound impossible though.