• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help - Hiding Categories

I'm looking to hide certain products and categories from a user who does not enter through a specific url.

Is this possible, and if so any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

HP

I'm looking to hide certain products and categories from a user who does not enter through a specific url.

Is this possible, and if so any ideas on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

HP

Okay, this is not a very useful reply, but unless someone has made a contrib for it, I think it would be almost impossible to do, the way oscommerce is built. Even if you could make a session identifier that tagged users differently from where they came in, you have to filter searches, manufacturer lists, everything. It would be so hard to do, I think the best solution would be to have two oscommerce installs.

Okay, this is not a very useful reply, but unless someone has made a contrib for it, I think it would be almost impossible to do, the way oscommerce is built.  Even if you could make a session identifier that tagged users differently from where they came in, you have to filter searches, manufacturer lists, everything.  It would be so hard to do, I think the best solution would be to have two oscommerce installs.

Thanks, figured something along those lines. I can hide the category from displaying, but the challenge was to hide any item that I wish not viewed (depending on entry point) from areas such as new products, reviews, etc...

Oh well, I'll keep thinking about it, or maybe someone else has had a similar request. Thanks again!

Archived