• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Input and Help

E'sfloralshop

Hello everyone! :) My company and I have gone live with our current artificial flower website. I was wondering if this wonderful community can give some input to how the website is laid out and any general comments relating to it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was hoping that someone can shed some light in how consumers (future and present) can do a search on search engines and end up in my website? So far the only thing is "poincianaflorals". :blink: How can I do this so that if a customer types in "orchids" or "arrangements" or "plants" (for example) in a search engine a result would be our website? Please help as I am new to this and would like to get our business moving and get high rankings for it as well. :)

Thanking everyone in advance,

E'sfloralshop :blush:

http://www.poincianaflorals.com/garden/

Hello everyone!  :) My company and I have gone live with our current artificial flower website. I was wondering if this wonderful community can give some input to how the website is laid out and any general comments relating to it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I was hoping that someone can shed some light in how consumers (future and present) can do a search on search engines and end up in my website? So far the only thing is "poincianaflorals".  :blink: How can I do this so that if a customer types in "orchids" or "arrangements" or "plants" (for example)  in a search engine a result would be our website? Please help as I am new to this and would like to get our business moving and get high rankings for it as well.  :)

Thanking everyone in advance,

E'sfloralshop  :blush:

http://www.poincianaflorals.com/garden/

Here's aquote from the Knowledge Base that I ripped from another thread:

Meta Tags

Including meta tags in the header of the HTML page can help improve the page ranking in search engine search results, although most search engines today ignore the meta tags.

As of osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 3, meta tags are appropriately set for all pages.

The following contribution can be used for osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 and earlier versions, that provides similar functionality:

Header Tags Controller

The thing is, since the page titles are controlled by osC to actually say what's on the page now, it will get to the search engines, it just has to be around for 45 or 60 days, depending on how often the spiders get sent around. As far as ranking goes, that's a whole other field of study. Even before the meta tag changes, my shop items did get out there eventually.

Archived