• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I change my password?

greatdeals_007

osc doesn't come with a password required, so first you need to figure out how you ended up with one.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I have a password for mine, but it is not from OSC. It was my hosting company that added it and I was able to select my own. If you want a custom password rather than system generated, contact your hosting company. That's probably where it came from.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
osc doesn't come with a password required, so first you need to figure out how you ended up with one.

what do you mean OSC doesn't come with a password required? do you mean anyone can access the admin section of sites created in oscommerce? I do not think the password came from my host provider.

how do I select my own password? I know how to change the password to a system generated one but how do I custom select my own?

Yes, that is what I mean. Stock OSC does not come with a password for the admin area. If you did not create the password, and you have not installed a contribution that sets up a log in for the admin area then your host must have... if they installed it for you and you will have to contact them or check your administration areo on your hosts website to see if there is an area set up for making passwords for directories.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived