• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Up and running...

moonbeam

Good to see a move away from standard layout.

The flash at the bottom with your payment types is a bit overkill for my tastes - i prefer a simple, understated look.

The width of your store changes on some pages, which is not good and appears to keep shifting positions.

You have a phone icon in your contact us page, but no phone number (or address), so I wouldn't be buying anything.

Homepage:

"Were glad your here! "

Grammar and punctuation like this on your home page is not acceptable.

Sign in page: left box is too thin and looks silly

Advanced search - you have no manufacturers, so why the box?

Quite a few of your product images are blurry.

It's fine to sell stuff from your house/garage or whatever, but if your website looks like you do, you won't get far...

Nice simple layout. I agree that the flashing payment thing is a bit much. Also in the uper right hand corner you have a shopping cart and cash register. I like that and think I might borrow the idea. However, the are not right over or aligned with their respective titles below. I would maybe do either the words or the pictures. And if you go the picture only route, maybe make them bigger.

Good work though, now how hard it is to get these things going...and there is always more to do!

mark

2dogrc.com

Nice effort (assuming this is ur first store).

Layout is o.k.color combinations not o.k...black background absolutely an eye sore.

also,work on the images..you may want to make it more proportional.they looked squished...some of them, atleast.

all the best.

dev

www.hidefkids.com

Regards

Dev

Wow! Thank you all for the input!!!! ;) Yes, this is my first go at web-anything. I will admit I have struggled with images.

Why would the width change? It seems to stay the same for me. I used the fixed width contribution. Anyone have a fix for this?

Contact us page has no info. How easy they slip by! Thank you I will fix this!

As far as the advance search option, you are right I have no manufactuers. But I like the search for price option. Any idea's on how to remove the manufacturers out of the search?

Ok maybe I can tone down the flashing payment thing, I kind of thought it added a little pizazz. Maybe I was wrong? :'(

Working on getting rid of my cart, cart contents, and checkout wording...

Again thanks to you all, It takes guts to post your site here and an open mind to accept critisism.

Always greatful,

Mooner

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Site is organized well. But very boring, way to much black and white space on the screen. You're selling catchy products. Make your site more catchy looking and attractive. Hop into that stylesheet.css file and start editing it, maybe make some borders, cell backgrounds or something...

Another thought would be a random product display on the main page. Keep the site looking fresh like you're always getting new weird crazy insane wild product in.

Good luck :D

Site is organized well. But very boring, way to much black and white space on the screen. You're selling catchy products. Make your site more catchy looking and attractive. Hop into that stylesheet.css file and start editing it, maybe make some borders, cell backgrounds or something...

Another thought would be a random product display on the main page. Keep the site looking fresh like you're always getting new weird crazy insane wild product in.

Good luck :D

Thanks for the comments and ideas Dan! Great site by the way!

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

Take 2 steps out of your checkout process and streamline your site, and its easy!

Get rid of the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page, this page stops people in their tracks and will hurt your sales.

Use this to take the "Welcome Please Sign In" Page and the "Account Created Success" Page out of your checkout process but still collect all their info and create an account or to "Sign In" if they already have an account.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...60entry598660

Check it out :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Archived