• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Icon and text on main page

vonline

on index.php look for and remove

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

You will also need to edit every main file if you want to remove those cartoon type images that show up throughout the site. There may be other ways but that is what I do.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

:D Thank you. Everything is fine now.

I was editing index.php on admin area, so I couldn't find those code, but when I open via File manager, finally I can find it.

Thank you so much :thumbsup:

whatever you do don't use the file manager that comes with osc to work on pages, there is a bug from what i have read and can mess everything up

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

• 3 years later...
whatever you do don't use the file manager that comes with osc to work on pages, there is a bug from what i have read and can mess everything up

I tried changing the catalog/index.php while using STS and I is not removing the image and ideas

on index.php look for and remove

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?>

You will also need to edit every main file if you want to remove those cartoon type images that show up throughout the site. There may be other ways but that is what I do.

I tried removing these on catalog/index.php while using STS and it is not removing the image and ideas. It seems while using STS the index.php has no effect.

• 1 year later...

Another way of removing clip-art images.

Right click/properties the clip-art gif file you want to remove, to find it’s name.

Using MS Paint, save a blank (white) paint file as a gif file in your computer. Give this gif file the same name as the gif file in oscommerce you want to remove. (ie table_background_cart ) Note do not include .gif in the file name as this will be added automatically at the next step. Now upload this new file into oscommerce/images, so that it replaces the gif image file you want to remove. You may have to open this new file by clicking on icon on left of screen so that your computer recognizes it when you next view your new web page. The clip-art image has now been replaced and the unwanted image has disappeared. If you have a coloured web site background, give your MS Paint file the same color as your background, instead of white. (Check background colour in oscommerce/stylesheet.css).

Archived