• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing heading/E-mail stuff/Product number

otacon221

Hi. Iv been looking around for ever. How can i change the "Lets see what we have here" Its not in english.php not category.php(or w/e it was called i forgot).

Also...how can i change confirmation e-mail text that is sent to the user.

Also how can i change the product number from 1, 2, 3 to random string numbers for each(if this is possible) for example product number 1 should have a product ID of 5S7f5A. I know this is probably not a good idea but i'd like to implement some of my php knowledge to code some more things. But i can't find where i can edit the ID number from admin panel.

Last question. How can i change the infobox headings for "whats new" and "shopping cart" to link to themselves. Thus if someone clicks on "whats new" infobox heading they are led to the "whats new" page. This would be much better rather than having that DUMB arrow right after the name that is the actual hyperlink.

Thank you for bearing with me and helping me with this stuff.

regards

Justin

P.S. If anyone needs any php help, i am pleased to help. Gimme a shout.

To change the links in the info boxes....

for example catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php

look for

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS);

and change it to

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS)?>">' . BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS . '</a>'

For whatever text you want to change look to see what page you are on ie: index.php then go into catalog/includes/languages/yourlanguage/ and look for the file with the same name. Most pages have a matching page and if they do not then they are on the main language file. ie: english.php

Changing the product numbers have to be done in the database and i wouldn't suggest doing that just because you can. lol No one will know what oder they were entered in besides you... unless you are talking about the model #, that you can just put anything you want when entering a product into the database through the admin....

good luck

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thanks a lot for the infobox heading. I edited it successfully.

Also thanks a lot for the hint on where i can find the text for "lets see what we have herE" i didn't look in index.php(just didn't think it would be there)

I have another question. Is it possible to have the category name instead of the lets see waht we have...

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Lets See What We Have Here');

instead of that is it possible to display the category name there?

Archived