• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

I have installed the latest USPS shipping method and everything works great. I just wanted to be able to offer the $7.70 flat rate box to it. I can now control what options to offer from the shipping method panel and remove any unwanted option. How can I add the flat rate?

Thank you

I just added USPS Methods 2.7d to my store and now when I go to "install" the module nothing happens.  I cannot edit the module. 

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the files which was suggested in some other posts, but this too is not working.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have just tried to install USPS Methods 2.8 and had the same thing hapen to me. I try to re-install the module by clicking the green "+" and nothing happens. I have even un-installed and put back in the original copies and I still have the problem. Help!

What files did you install/modify?

Just the two usps.php files and the two admin files. After undoing the changes I am still having this problem. Can anyone help?

Just as an addition to my last post, when I go to do a test purchase on my site, the USPS error message comes up even though it is uninstalled. It shouldn't be showing at all b/c I had to uninstall it to install this contribution to begin with.

Now it shows the error message yet I can't install or uninstall the usps module at all...

I have just tried to install USPS Methods 2.8 and had the same thing hapen to me.  I try to re-install the module by clicking the green "+" and nothing happens.  I have even un-installed and put back in the original copies and I still have the problem. Help!

Just the two usps.php files and the two admin files.  After undoing the changes I am still having this problem.  Can anyone help?

Install USPS Methods 2.7

Be sure to follow ALL the instructions.

Then install USPS Methods 2.7d

There are some essential files missing in 2.7d, but they are in the 2.7 version.

I have not checked 2.8, so you will have to be more specific about what the problems are.

Blessings,

Dave

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.

--Mother Teresa

Just the two usps.php files and the two admin files.

Also, be specific about what you tried, and the errors you get.

In addition to the two files you mentioned, there is code to add in these files: general.php and modules.php

Let me know if that helps.

Blessings,

Dave

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.

--Mother Teresa

I just installed USPS Methods 2.8.

I have 2 shipping modules installed. One of them is USPS.

Somehow, on checkout_shipping.php page, radio buttons are missing.

Dose anyone know how to solve this problem?

The radio buttons, or the options themselves?

--Mother Teresa

The radio buttons, or the options themselves?

I have two shipping modules installed.

One is ups(which came with the original package - no modification made yet) and another one is usps methods 2.8.

There is no radio buttons showing, so customer can not flip the page after checkout_shipping.php page.

Those two shipping modules are listed in the page though, just no way to choose the shipping method.

I think I followed the installation instruction except I have not connected to usps web yet. I'm waiting for login/password from usps.

I saw someone posted radio button problem here in preivous thread. But does not say anything about how to solve it.

Thanks you for your help.

I have two shipping modules installed.

One is ups(which came with the original package - no modification made yet) and another one is usps methods 2.8.

There is no radio buttons showing, so customer can not flip the page after checkout_shipping.php page.

Those two shipping modules are listed in the page though, just no way to choose the shipping method.

I think I followed the installation instruction except I have not connected to usps web yet. I'm waiting for login/password from usps.

I saw someone posted radio button problem here in preivous thread. But does not say anything about how to solve it.

Thanks you for your help.

Only got a second so I'll answer one question.

You don't have to wait for USPS, all you have to do is call them, and in less than 10 minutes they will switch you to the production server.

Check your order in the Admin panel, that might be the problem with the radio buttons. You can also try different orders

--Mother Teresa

• 2 weeks later...

most of my product is 1lb. it seems as though this module is defaulting to a 5lb package if it's under 5lbs.

i need to make this module more sensitive when it grabs pricing from usps.com. in other words, i need it to get a price for a 2lb package instead of a 5lb package.

hope i make sense. please help if you can. thanks.

most of my product is 1lb. it seems as though this module is defaulting to a 5lb package if it's under 5lbs.

i need to make this module more sensitive when it grabs pricing from usps.com. in other words, i need it to get a price for a 2lb package instead of a 5lb package.

hope i make sense. please help if you can. thanks.

Is it posible that under "Configuration" "Shipping / Packaging" you have "Package Tare Weight" set incorrectly?

OK, so in my admin page the Domestic Shipping Methods, Int'l Shipping Methods and the USPS Options were not showing up. So I went into includes/modules/shipping/usps.php and added them into the function keys. So it now looks like this:

function keys() {

return array('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_PASSWORD', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_ZONE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SORT_ORDER', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES_INTL', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_OPTIONS');

}

The checkboxes now do show up after re-installing the module, but the options that I pick DO NOT! My customer still sees ALL the shipping options even though I have disselected them!

I've installed this contribution (ver 2.8b) and I get this message on the checkout screen:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner

I signed up for an account ID and password and requested to be moved to production, however they haven't replied back yet. I've checked that my country code and store ZIP code are correct.

Is the problem because I'm not set up on production yet? If this is the problem, why doesn't the "Test" selection work? I also get the same message on Test.

-Chris.

Edited by ChrisW123

I've installed this contribution (ver 2.8b) and I get this message on the checkout screen:

I signed up for an account ID and password and requested to be moved to production, however they haven't replied back yet.  I've checked that my country code and store ZIP code are correct.

Is the problem because I'm not set up on production yet?  If this is the problem, why doesn't the "Test" selection work?  I also get the same message on Test.

-Chris.

Call them directly.

They switched me over while I was on the pnone with them.

--Mother Teresa

Call them directly.

They switched me over while I was on the pnone with them.

I'll do that tomorrow if I'm still having problems...

BTW, what delivery options do most shop owners select? I've left the Domestic shipping options set to default (Media unselected), and for International I unselected "Airmail Letter" and "Surface Letter" since I won't be shipping flat, letter-type products.

Does that sound right?

I am experiencing a similar error to Mike above:  :blush:

2147219080 - Missing value for Country.

This occurs during checkout_shipping when shipping is being quoted, on an installation that has been working for the last two years.  It works perfectly on all addresses that I know of EXCEPT to the Virgin Islands (US).

The mailing address is (sort of) Tilly Tester, PO Box 123456, St. Thomas 00803, Virgin Islands (US)

My customer has tried entering VI and Virgin Islands (US) as the State and selecting it from States dropdown.  She tried using United States as country and Virgin Islands (US) as country.  All combinations get the same rejection from the USPS quote request.

Interestingly, UPS quotes a price and shipped ok, even though the address is a PO Box....  She did get her order processed finally using a street address and paying the $12 extra for UPS, but she is asking for a refund on it.  :'(

Anyway, I notice in usps.php there is no country code for US Virgin Islands.  The Zip Code gets a "national" quote  on the usps.com website.

Any Ideas?????

How did you fix this? I am having the same problem with Shipping to France.

I added both the ups and usps contributions and now i get one amount in the checkout_shipping.php area and another amount inthe checkout_confirmation.php area - I've replaced the files back to the originals, but it still seems to be doing the same thing. When I install a fresh copy of oscommernce it does not do this - so it has to be a contribution. Any ideas what is going on? Please help -

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to add in something i found useful.

if you would like to show on your catalog/checkout_shipping.php page what type of USPS service you're selecting...change this line from

<td class="main" width="75%" align="left"><?php echo $quotes[$i]['module']; ?></td>

to

<td class="main" width="75%" align="left"><?php echo $quotes[$i]['module'].' '. $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['title']; ?></td>

you will get United States Postal Service EXPRESS (1 - 2 Days) on your catalog/checkout_shipping.php page instead of just United States Postal Service next to each option