• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

After further investigation and testing, it appears that the only thing broken is "First Class Int Package" (1st Class International) shipping.

It's probably nothing but USPS changing a text string again, but I'm at a loss on my own.

EDIT: Looks like they changed "Package" to "Parcel", but it seems to come up OK on my shopping carts for domestic orders, but it's broken for international.

Edited by TomB01

Since the USPS change today, shipping quotes are showing up but they are incorrect. With the handling fee and tare weight taken into account, the quotes do not match the quotes from USPS website. I'm using USPS Methods v. 5.2.2

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I am seeing similar results where OSC isn't charging enough for shipping minus the handling fees for domestic First Class Mail . I appears that the contribution is not adding our handling fee for First Class Mail. I don't know where to start to find the issue, but I am also using USPS methods v5.2.2

I am seeing similar results where OSC isn't charging enough for shipping minus the handling fees for domestic First Class Mail . I appears that the contribution is not adding our handling fee for First Class Mail. I don't know where to start to find the issue, but I am also using USPS methods v5.2.2

Oops! I didn't check that, but yes - I can confirm that my domestic First Class shipping is not charging enough.

Yay! I fixed it on mine.....just change

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Package**',

to

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Parcel**',

Where?

OK, for those who lost their handling charge on First Class Package (Parcel), there's a string that has to be replaced around the middle of the usps.php file:

Change "case 'First-Class Mail Package':" to "case 'First-Class Mail Parcel':". This worked for me and the handling charge is now added in. Look for the "$postage = $postage + $this->handling[8];" string. The case statement for 'First-Class Mail Package' is about 30 lines below that.

The contribution I am using has the following string "case 'First-Class Mail regimark Package':" I changed it to case "'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel':" and that took care of the issue. Thanks for the insight and fix to this issue!!

A quick fix for me, but this contribution still needs a cleanup.

I’m using USPS Methods version 5.2.2. My problem has been narrowed down to the option in the USPS module in Admin “Domestic Delivery Confirmation”. With this option enabled it causes errors in quotes for both Domestic First Class and Priority mail. A temporary work around would be to disable the option and add $0.19 to the First Class Mail handling fee. Domestic Quotes are now correct.

I did change 'First-Class Mail regimark Package' in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php to 'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel'. This is located in two places in this file. However, with “Domestic Delivery Confirmation” disabled it did not make any noticable difference.

I have not yet checked on International mail options, just domestic.

Thanks to videod for his invaluable private help.

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

A quick fix for me, but this contribution still needs a cleanup.

</snip>

Agreed. I sent a PM yesterday to fulluvscents and wkdwich before some of us found the temporary fixes. They fixed all of this last year when USPS blew up things worse than this. Fulluvscents made 5.2.2, not sure who did the updates since then.

In my last post #1195 I said:

I did change 'First-Class Mail regimark Package' in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php to 'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel'. This is located in two places in this file. However, with “Domestic Delivery Confirmation” disabled it did not make any noticable difference.

However, after more testing there is a noticible difference. If you do not change "Package" to "Parcel" in these places listed above, your handling fee will not be added in for First Class Mail.

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Agreed. I sent a PM yesterday to fulluvscents and wkdwich before some of us found the temporary fixes. They fixed all of this last year when USPS blew up things worse than this. Fulluvscents made 5.2.2, not sure who did the updates since then.

I've just uploaded "6.1a", incorporating the Package -> Parcel text changes, and cleaning up some cruft that was in the 6.1 zip.

Hello,

I'm getting following error message when trying to enable the upsp shipping module.

Shipping Back

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*********/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

Warning: include(/home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/uspxs.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/******/modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/uspxs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/******/modules.php on line 134

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class usps in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/uspxs.php on line 16

Modules Sort Order Action Flat Rate Per Item Table Rate United States Postal Service

Please advise

Cheers

Edited by pederb

Found and fixed one error, but now I get this,

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*******/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

Please help

Edited by pederb

I uploaded 6.1a everything worked fine, accept domestic first-class mail somehow does not show for customers to choose. the package was 2 ounces, it supposed to show Express, Priority, and First-class, it only showed Express, Priority. Please help. Thanks

I uploaded 6.1a everything worked fine, accept domestic first-class mail somehow does not show for customers to choose. the package was 2 ounces, it supposed to show Express, Priority, and First-class, it only showed Express, Priority. Please help. Thanks

What version of OSC are you using? Just wondering since I am still using 2.2.

Edited by videod

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. IIRC, First-Class Mail Parcel should be an option up to 13 oz... Not showing up here with orders of 7 or 8 oz.

Found and fixed one error, but now I get this,

Please help

In includes/classes.xml_5.php, find this code (lines 25-26)

$xml_parser = &new XML();
$data = &$xml_parser->parse($xml);

and replace it with this

$xml_parser = new XML();
$data = $xml_parser->parse($xml);

I haven't tested that, so please let me know if it works.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.