• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

Is any one else still experiencing spotty connectivity with USPS?

I have had some orders come thru, but I have also been adding a Credit Card contrib.

So I wonder if my edits here and there are honking things up...

USPS was working just a bit ago, then I edited a value to report differently.

Of course the test run yielded no USPS connection again...

I got this email today.

The Postal Service continues to experience intermittent system interruptions in our Webtools API’s.. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing, especially at what is one of the busiest times of the year. We are hopeful that full service, across the country, will be restored as soon as possible. We thank you again for your patience.

We have taken every step to resolve the situation, and continue to work around the clock both internally and with our external partners.

We appreciate your business and your patience.

I got it too, pluse this after a personal request...

"We are currently aware of issue that is affecting multiple products on usps.com, webtools and shipping assistant. The error is being worked on and a correction will be put into place as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, we do not have a time table of when this problem will be fixed and apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you."

Scptt

We got that too.

A day late and a dollar short don't you think?

To throw a curve in this....

Is anyone using USPS methods and using this?

usps shipping labels contrib

If they can work together, it would make our life a little easier here.

I am having issues getting the USPS labels to work. i dont know what the dealeo is but when i goto print the labels, the return info gets imported but not the order info. weird.

Hey Guys,

The only problem I'm having now is that neither domestic nor international first-class is showing up as an option. Is anyone else having this problem? Do you think this is due to the problems USPS is apparently still having, or should I be digging through my code?

Thanks for the help!

- Scott

Ok, just went through and followed all install directions as noted. Now I am getting the same error as Archeon above did. I went through a second time and looked at all files and went through all the directions again, but I still am getting the "array" issue. Exactly what file wasnt edited correctly? Any suggestions as to where I should look?

Thanks,

--Martin--

Martin, or anyone else with this issue ever get it resolved?

Hi Everyone,

I am building a site for a client who has some pretty specific demands as to what goes on the site. So far i have been able to fuhnagle STS, QBMS, QBI, PWA and Ultra Pics. I had the USPS method that came with the cart installed and was running fine. But, because we had no control over which methods were available thru the USPS method, we decided we should upgrade to USPS Method 4.3.

Everything installed nicely except when i go throught the checkout process and get to the shipping page, i get one of these bad boys

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_round_up() in /home/content/b/r/a/brangerm/html/insoles/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 162

I searched this thread for anyone else who may have had a similar problem and found that someone had the problem back in June when he installed paypal express. Does anyone have this working with QBMS or did i miss a step in the installation? anyhelp would greatly be appreciated. Also, you can witness the crash and burn at http://www.archmolds.com/insoles/. I would say don't buy anything but good luck getting that far! lol

Great Caesars Ghost. I think i may be a complete and utter moron. So, i update remotely via FTP for my contrib tweaks and wouldn't you know it, i failed to upload the final general.php change before trying to run the script. but i uploaded it and everything fell right into place. SORRY!!!! and GREAT contrib!

Great Caesars Ghost. I think i may be a complete and utter moron. So, i update remotely via FTP for my contrib tweaks and wouldn't you know it, i failed to upload the final general.php change before trying to run the script. but i uploaded it and everything fell right into place. SORRY!!!! and GREAT contrib!

Blake,

Was that including the USPS labels contrib, or just the methods contrib?

If you see the labels contrib working I would like to ask you some operational questions via PM, if it is ok with you.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed an issue this evening. I'm using methods 3.0 and noticed now that when customers have a choice between first class and priority, no matter what they choose it defaults to first class. I need help on this one. It's similar to that old issue when we had to change the names to caps. Is there something that changed again that i am missing?

does this contrib work for 2.2 rc2a? the instructions are a little different because when it says disable USPS by clicking the red button... there is no red button on mine. I'm assuming it wants me to disable USPS by turning true to false? Also, usps sent me the congratulations email that says my profile has been updated to allow access to the Production Servers. The URLs to use for the production servers are http://production.shippingapis.com/shippingapi.dll and https://secure.shippingapis.com/shippingapi.dll. Do I have to do anything with those urls?

Rob

Just noticed an issue this evening. I'm using methods 3.0 and noticed now that when customers have a choice between first class and priority, no matter what they choose it defaults to first class. I need help on this one. It's similar to that old issue when we had to change the names to caps. Is there something that changed again that i am missing?

Same thing happening to me since they changed rates. Don't understand how what they did could cause it though, because I still get the rate choices, but when the customer chooses #2 in the list, first-class, the confirm page shows express (#1 in the list). They don't cause the display or passing of globals, etc., but of course, since many people are experiencing this, and we've all had stable state until usps changed something, who knows.

Same thing happening to me since they changed rates. Don't understand how what they did could cause it though, because I still get the rate choices, but when the customer chooses #2 in the list, first-class, the confirm page shows express (#1 in the list).

I haven't used USPS (can't, don't have an account available) and just looked at the code but I wonder if it has anything to do with rate sorting?

I'll explain. Could it be that the rate sorting function removes the name from the value for the radio button. Example UPSXML might have one like this on checkout_shipping.php:

<td class="main" align="right"><input type="radio" name="shipping" value="upsxml_UPS Worldwide Expedited"></td>

If the values are e.g. usps_0 for the cheapest rate which is actually something else than Express I could imagine that when the page is loaded again USPS is queried again (standard osC does that), the first rate USPS returns is Express and when rates are not sorted again that will be one chosen in checkout_payment.

Just theorizing here....

Everything in version 4.3.0 installed what appears to be perfectly, but when going back to Enable the USPS shipping module witj User ID & password, it is not accepting. UNder User ID & Passord, it is stating "Array"

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yes: do not skip steps in the install instructions (step 6 to be precise). Almost 100% sure you did that (or better didn't do that).

Thank you for your prompt response. By stating step 6, are you referring to "6. Reselect all options"? By all options, I assume all shipping options for domestic and international? I did do that and still coming up with the same result. I appreciate your help.

Thank you for your prompt response. By stating step 6, are you referring to "6. Reselect all options"? By all options, I assume all shipping options for domestic and international? I did do that and still coming up with the same result. I appreciate your help.

No, I mean the adding of function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') but on second thoughts it could also be step 5 (changing of catalog/admin/modules.php)

No, I mean the adding of function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') but on second thoughts it could also be step 5 (changing of catalog/admin/modules.php)

Thanks again fro your input. I intepreted that the modification to catalog/admin/modules.php is only applicable to pre-verson 3.0. I will try it though.

That was it! Thanks so much for your help. :wub:

Edited by turquoi1

Well, the module is up and running, but I'm running in one last (I hope) problem. It looks like I have all the settings correct in the Admin>enable, but First Class USPS will not show up for International shipments.

I turned off the force insurance as 1st Class Intl is not insurable.

Any ideas?

I just installed and I am getting this error on the shipping admin page: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/content/y/u/p/yuppiepuppy/html/shop/catalog/admin/modules.php(224) : eval()'d code on line 1. How can I fix this?

I just installed and I am getting this error on the shipping admin page: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GLOBAL, expecting ')' in /home/content/y/u/p/yuppiepuppy/html/shop/catalog/admin/modules.php(224) : eval()'d code on line 1. How can I fix this?

My guess: Installation.txt -> Troubleshooting Tips (this comes after step 8) ->

1. If you are getting a "parse error" when you click edit in the admin OR

your international options with checkboxes are not showing up in the admin,

you may need to use phpMyAdmin to update the database -> configuration TABLE

and CHANGE "set_function" to TEXT from VARCHAR.

Afterwards:

A. Remove the USPS module in the admin

B. Re-install the USPS module in the admin

C. The options will appear

Well, the module is up and running, but I'm running in one last (I hope) problem. It looks like I have all the settings correct in the Admin>enable, but First Class USPS will not show up for International shipments.

I turned off the force insurance as 1st Class Intl is not insurable.

Any ideas?

Is this post relevant to that?