• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

:blush: Sorry olsonsp4c, but I changed the module to USPS v3 API. This allows for many more options not available with the v2 API. You can now have FLAT RATE and LETTERS!!!!! I listed it as an alpha, so yours is still good.

BTW, to answer your question, try the USPS Methods 4.0 I just uploaded. My primary shipping is First Class letters and it seems to be working fine so far. Give it a try and look at the options in USPS.php. To install, just replace USPS.php in /includes/modules/shipping

To see it working in my store, go to http://epicdecals.com ;)

I'm just hoping I didn't mess up anything.

That is great! thanks for doing that - that was actually on my list of things to do! I'll take a look at it soon - I have no intention of maintaining this long term, I need the community to chime in and make it better. I'll contribute my input along the way though :)

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

You're welcome. I don't know anything about PHP programming. I know enough VB to get by I guess. It's kind of frustrating not being able to search within multiple .php files for text. I have yet to figure out where the weight gets rounded and saved to the DB. I work with items that are less than .1 oz, so .01 lbs is not enough and .02 lbs is too much. Do you know what file it's in? Shouldn't it be in /admin/catagories? Do you know what code I'm looking for?

Thanks

ps it's kind of funny, I took some classes at my community college with one of the main developers of oscommerce: John Oligario. He is a very interesting person with a little white dog. He's an older man who I think should have a great job by now. I wonder why he doesn't? Hmm... Ill have to ask him some time.

Edited by naps1saps

You're welcome. I don't know anything about PHP programming. I know enough VB to get by I guess. It's kind of frustrating not being able to search within multiple .php files for text. I have yet to figure out where the weight gets rounded and saved to the DB. I work with items that are less than .1 oz, so .01 lbs is not enough and .02 lbs is too much. Do you know what file it's in? Shouldn't it be in /admin/catagories? Do you know what code I'm looking for?

Thanks

ps it's kind of funny, I took some classes at my community college with one of the main developers of oscommerce: John Oligario. He is a very interesting person with a little white dog. He's an older man who I think should have a great job by now. I wonder why he doesn't? Hmm... Ill have to ask him some time.

here's one place where rounding occurs in usps.php:

$shipping_ounces = round(16 * ($shipping_weight - floor($shipping_weight)));

in other code, look for the

ceil

command

thanks!

Scott

here's one place where rounding occurs in usps.php:

$shipping_ounces = round(16 * ($shipping_weight - floor($shipping_weight)));

in other code, look for the

ceil

command

thanks!

Scott

Nope, not that one. That one rounds for the ounce weight submission. I need to find where it saves the weight for new products to the DB. Because I put in 0.01625 and get 0.01

Nope, not that one. That one rounds for the ounce weight submission. I need to find where it saves the weight for new products to the DB. Because I put in 0.01625 and get 0.01

the file you need to look at is admin/categories.php

Scott

go to usps' website - search for developer api or something like this... it might be better to go ahead with the stock osC usps.

Scott

man... i REALLY need USPS Methods to work for me since the clients are used to the extra functionality. no ideas on why just one method wouldn't be working?

man... i REALLY need USPS Methods to work for me since the clients are used to the extra functionality. no ideas on why just one method wouldn't be working?

Go into the database in the configuration table and find the usps inserts - make sure that first class is all caps.

Scott

Go into the database in the configuration table and find the usps inserts - make sure that first class is all caps.

Scott

in the database, the following key/values are listed:

MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES / PRIORITY, FIRST CLASS, MEDIA

is this what you meant?

Also deactivate the stock usps in the admin panel.

Be very careful on how you "delete" the contrib!

Follow the documentation in reverse order and remove all code added in that order.

You should have a clean slate to begin from again.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

Thank you for the advice. I did as you said as regards to deleting the contribution and reinstalling it. I've been monitoring the site for the last few weeks. All seemed good until I noticed the USPS shipping module stalling again today so I had to disable it.

Any other ideas or tips on how to fix this problem?

Peace

in the database, the following key/values are listed:

MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TYPES / PRIORITY, FIRST CLASS, MEDIA

is this what you meant?

also, i found this tidbit via Google... could this be a culprit?

If you want to be able to ship to any country in the world, you will

need to enter every country code into the Country fields. For most

shops, you will not want to enter every country. This is often

because of too much fraud from certain places. If a country is not

listed, then the module will add a $0.00 shipping charge and will

indicate that shipping is not available to that destination.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORDER CAN STILL BE COMPLETED AND PROCESSED!

also, i found this tidbit via Google... could this be a culprit?

That is entirely possible; however, the countries are listed at the bottom and inserted as necessary... :)

Also, you could go to admin/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php - and make sure that all references to first class shipping are all caps "FIRST CLASS" - in older versions this was not changed.

Scott

That is entirely possible; however, the countries are listed at the bottom and inserted as necessary... :)

Also, you could go to admin/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php - and make sure that all references to first class shipping are all caps "FIRST CLASS" - in older versions this was not changed.

Scott

do you mean includes/modules/shipping/usps.php? no such file/directory exists under admin/ in my installation. if this assumption is correct, i am using the USPS Methods v3 that you created so i would also assume this issue isn't at fault.

would you want to examine the stores in question scott?

sean

do you mean includes/modules/shipping/usps.php? no such file/directory exists under admin/ in my installation. if this assumption is correct, i am using the USPS Methods v3 that you created so i would also assume this issue isn't at fault.

would you want to examine the stores in question scott?

sean

you are correct, sorry - sure.

Scott

I'm Sorry. I need everyone using USPS Methods v4.0 Alpha to open their /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php file and remove my email address from the response forwarding function. I've gotten over 300 emails with rate responses. And yes, a few of them were not working if you were wondering.

If everyone could do this, that would be awesome!

I was wondering where all the emails were coming from, then it hit me that I forgot to remove my email from the file, LOLOLOLOL, ahem not funny. I've uploaded a new one without my email and reported the one with my email so it hopefully will be removed.

Thanks!

Hello,

Great Contribution and has worked well for me on may OSC sites. I have just run into a problem on a new site I am building with OSC MS2.2 RC1. On ohter sites I have used both 2.76 and version 3.0. On this new site I have tried both, but for some reason it will not list out any USPS shipping methods and cost? I have removed and installed a few times. Country and zip are set in the configuration correctly. What else can I search for that would cause OSC not to show any USPS listings. There are no errors showing. The site does list out correctly the UPS pricing?

Thanks JR

Hello,

Great Contribution and has worked well for me on may OSC sites. I have just run into a problem on a new site I am building with OSC MS2.2 RC1. On ohter sites I have used both 2.76 and version 3.0. On this new site I have tried both, but for some reason it will not list out any USPS shipping methods and cost? I have removed and installed a few times. Country and zip are set in the configuration correctly. What else can I search for that would cause OSC not to show any USPS listings. There are no errors showing. The site does list out correctly the UPS pricing?

Thanks JR

One thing is that you need to have production server selected instead of test. Second, you need to have a new USPS account for each new site address. Third, you need to have USPS switch your account to use their production server.

If you are still having problems, open /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php, find the fake email address, and replace it with your own. Every time you make a rate request, the response is copied and sent to your email address so you can troubleshoot any script errors. If the error doesn't make any sense to you, tell us and we can probably help. Without any more information, we can't help much.

Edited by naps1saps

Hello Naps1saps,

I have tested the test and production server. I also changed

// mail('[email protected]','USPS rate quote response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>'); to

mail('[email protected]','USPS rate quote response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');

For some reason, OSC just does not want to notice the USPS contribution. Should I remove completely? If so, what do I need to remove from configuration and database?

Thanks JR

Hello Naps1saps,

I have tested the test and production server. I also changed

// mail('[email protected]','USPS rate quote response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>'); to

mail('[email protected]','USPS rate quote response',$body,'From: <[email protected]>');

For some reason, OSC just does not want to notice the USPS contribution. Should I remove completely? If so, what do I need to remove from configuration and database?

Thanks JR

In the configuration table, sort them by name in phpmyAdmin - then scroll down to the U section and delete any items that begin with USPS (assuming you have no other USPS addons installed) - in the admin->modules->shipping click on USPS Methods and then click the Remove button, then with an ftp manager go to includes/modules/shipping/ and includes/languages/(language)/modules/shipping/ and delete the usps methods files.

Scott

Hello,

Still no showing of USPS Rates?? I completely removed all configuration keys, got a new USPS login/Password, moved to production server on USPS. Downloaded version 3.0 installed, it created all the correct configuration keys, finished the install with login and password, set the correct zip code, and still not a showing of USPS rates?? Any other shipping module, flat rate, UPSXML, all show up correctly. What would cause the USPS not to show?? Not even an error on the screen, blank?

Thanks for any help,

JR

Hello,

Still no showing of USPS Rates?? I completely removed all configuration keys, got a new USPS login/Password, moved to production server on USPS. Downloaded version 3.0 installed, it created all the correct configuration keys, finished the install with login and password, set the correct zip code, and still not a showing of USPS rates?? Any other shipping module, flat rate, UPSXML, all show up correctly. What would cause the USPS not to show?? Not even an error on the screen, blank?

Thanks for any help,

JR

did you email usps and ask them to switch your new acccount to "production" and get an answer from them saying it was switched?

also, you don't put the login and password in usps methods - you put the login twice (password = loginid)

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

Hello,

Yes, email was confirmed to the switch to production. I changed the login for the password also?? I just do not get why it will not show any errors. I also put my email in the usps.php to email me the errors if any, no emails. Something else is stopping it from showing, even if incorrect login, I would at least get the error on the page?? What else controls it for showing?

Thanks JR

Hello,

Yes, email was confirmed to the switch to production. I changed the login for the password also?? I just do not get why it will not show any errors. I also put my email in the usps.php to email me the errors if any, no emails. Something else is stopping it from showing, even if incorrect login, I would at least get the error on the page?? What else controls it for showing?

Thanks JR

JR,

Honestly, I am out of ideas JR, I have it running on 4 stores and a test store fine... my last guess is that some of your rc2a files were corrupted or incomplete when uploaded. Check includes/classes/shipping.php and other shipping related files and compare them to a downloaded rc2a fileset using WinMerge or Beyond Compare.

Scott