• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sub Category title bar stylesheet mods

3DoorsUp

Hi everyone! I've looked in the knowledge base already and searched a couple of different keywords in the forum, to no avail. Could anyone look at my site and tell me where I can find the code to correctly change the title bar of the sub-category in my catalog?

I've made the neccesary changes to every other aspect, but am puzzled by the lack of direction with regard to this. When you are in the index, or parent of the category the title bars look the way I would like.

http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php

When looking at the sub-category title bar there is a stark difference albeit subtle to someone less critical.

http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os...ex.php?cPath=27

It's like my graphics have obtained a life of it's own. I did make several changes to the stylesheet.css and thought I had identified it's location but...?

}

TABLE.productListing {

border: 1px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #CC66FF;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

.productListing-heading {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

background: #9900CC;

background-image: url('images/infobox/bar22.gif');

background-repeat: repeat-x;

color: #FFFFFF;

font-weight: bold;

}

TD.productListing-data {

}

Can anyone tell me where to look? Please!

We help each other, to help ourselves. :rolleyes:

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

Hi everyone! I've looked in the knowledge base already and searched a couple of different keywords in the forum, to no avail. Could anyone look at my site and tell me where I can find the code to correctly change the title bar of the sub-category in my catalog?

I've made the neccesary changes to every other aspect, but am puzzled by the lack of direction with regard to this.  When you are in the index, or parent of the category the title bars look the way I would like.

http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php

When looking at the sub-category title bar there is a stark difference albeit subtle to someone less critical.

http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os...ex.php?cPath=27

It's like my graphics have obtained a life of it's own. I did make several changes to the stylesheet.css and thought I had identified it's location but...?

}

TABLE.productListing {

border: 1px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #CC66FF;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

.productListing-heading {

background: #9900CC;

background-image: url('images/infobox/bar22.gif');

background-repeat: repeat-x;

color: #FFFFFF;

font-weight: bold;

}

TD.productListing-data {

}

Can anyone tell me where to look? Please!

We help each other, to help ourselves.  :rolleyes:

OOPS!!!

Hi,

Definitely subtle!!! Took a wee while to see what you wer on about.

Look at the line below:

<td align="right" class="productListing-heading"> <a href="http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php?cPath=27&page=1&sort=3a&osCsid=c21f614c98ee784d0a6783b542d40e44" title="Sort products ascendingly by Price" class="productListing-heading">Price</a> </td>

class="productListing-heading" is in that line twice so it's adding you're background image twice hence the problem.

Create a new style for the second instance of class="productListing-heading" without the background image!

B

OOPS!!!

Hi,

Definitely subtle!!! Took a wee while to see what you wer on about.

Look at the line below:

? ?<td align="right" class="productListing-heading"> <a href="http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php?cPath=27&page=1&sort=3a&osCsid=c21f614c98ee784d0a6783b542d40e44" title="Sort products ascendingly by Price" class="productListing-heading">Price</a> </td>

class="productListing-heading" is in that line twice so it's adding you're background image twice hence the problem.

Create a new style for the second instance of class="productListing-heading" without the background image!

B

Hi! Thanks for your input. I tried to create a new style with little luck. The style I included in a similar path to the original, simply repeated the same title bar minus the graphics. I reversed the order and even changed the font size. Still no luck. Any other ideas? Btw where do I look for this code?

<td align="right" class="productListing-heading"> <a href="http://giftsyouwanttokeep.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/index.php?cPath=27&page=1&sort=3a&osCsid=c21f614c98ee784d0a6783b542d40e44" title="Sort products ascendingly by Price" class="productListing-heading">Price</a> </td>

Thank you again. :P

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

I can't see any issues... maybe you need to close your browser and open it back up again? Unless it isn't something super obvious it. lol But it looks ok or "the same" on both links to me.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I can't see any issues... maybe you need to close your browser and open it back up again? Unless it isn't something super obvious it. lol But it looks ok or "the same" on both links to me.

Hi! Thanks for taking a look Wendy, but the subgategory title bar, where I have changed the text to Yellow, is where the oddity is appearing. It seems to have life of it's own LOL where the background image is sized differently with each of the sort attribute fields.

In all other areas I was able to modify the Table height params to get the graphics to appear consistant in the boxes, header, and footer at 22px. As I said the error is subtle, but the difference between the boxes and the sub-category title bar is what I'm fussing with.

What do you think it might be? Yes I've tried a new browser, and refreshed several times. Each change to the new style as added for the second example of -class="productListing-heading" as pointed out by Simmy.

Thanks! :P

Aloha Allison!

Only thing I can think of is to take out the background image from the style sheet and go into catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and change

if ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION') {

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-heading"',

'text' => " " . $lc_text . " ");

to

'text' => '<table><tr><td background="images/infobox/bar22.gif'"> ' . $lc_text . ' </td></tr></table>');

i think that is the part that controls the heading area... not pretty but it should do the trick

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Only thing I can think of is to take out the background image from the style sheet and go into catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php and change

'text'  => " " . $lc_text . " ");

to

'text' => '<table><tr><td background="images/infobox/bar22.gif'"> ' . $lc_text . ' </td></tr></table>');

i think that is the part that controls the heading area... not pretty but it should do the trick

Mahalo! Thanks Wendy I'll give that a try. :D

Aloha Allison!

Archived