• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Create Account Issue

cometlucky

I'm getting the following error when trying to create a new account. I get the same error message with email addresses [email protected] as I do for [email protected]. Both email addresses I'm using are perfectly valid. Perhaps a configuration error?

Here are the messages I get:

Warning: file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\mwcollier\catalog\includes\functions\validations.php on line 85

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in d:\hosting\mwcollier\catalog\includes\functions\validations.php on line 86

Warning: eregi(): REG_EMPTY: in d:\hosting\mwcollier\catalog\includes\functions\validations.php on line 97

Here is the actual error message I get from osCommerce:

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

Any help would be much appreciated!

That error referes to the tld (the domain suffix) not being one that is recognised in includes/tld.txt. This is the list in that file - anything outside it needs to be added:

# Original 7 TLDs

com

edu

gov

int

mil

net

org

# Recent additions

aero

biz

coop

info

museum

name

pro

Vger

That error referes to the tld (the domain suffix) not being one that is recognised in includes/tld.txt.  This is the list in that file - anything outside it needs to be added:

# Original 7 TLDs

com

edu

gov

int

mil

net

org

# Recent additions

aero

biz

coop

info

museum

name

Vger

Yes, that is what I traced it to as well. Only thing is that my file looks just like the entries you typed in here. I'm stuck.

pro

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that.? However, it doesn't fix my problem.

Just wanted to close out this issue. The problem really was with the first error message: Warning: file, mail, opendir, readdir, closedir() has been disabled for security reasons in d:\hosting\mwcollier\catalog\includes\functions\validations.php on line 85

Since the validation.php file relies on the "file" command this was never really going to work. I moved to another hosting company and everything works beautifully.

Thanks!

Archived