• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please is there a kind soul to help me??

kris10ized

Hello! I downloaded OScommerce through my cpanel, it's available under the "fantastico" section...

Well everything is fine, I am doing the layout etc. It is here www.onestoptrendshop.com

however, you can add something to your cart but you cannot checkout, you cannot make an account, you cannot do anything like that. what is wrong?

I talked to a friend about this who also have a store and he said it must be something with the config? an error? What would I need to download to fix it? Or overwrite to fix?? I dont want to redo my store, or uninstall i have put too much work.

Someone, anyone please help me as to what I need to do, i would apreciate it soooo much!! :) :) Thank you! :)

* :) Kristen*

Hello! I downloaded OScommerce through my cpanel, it's available under the "fantastico" section...

Well everything is fine, I am doing the layout etc. It is here www.onestoptrendshop.com

however, you can add something to your cart but you cannot checkout, you cannot make an account, you cannot do anything like that. what is wrong?

I talked to a friend about this who also have a store and he said it must be something with the config? an error? What would I need to download to fix it? Or overwrite to fix?? I dont want to redo my store, or uninstall i have put too much work.

Someone, anyone please help me as to what I need to do, i would apreciate it soooo much!! :) :) Thank you! :)

* :) Kristen*

1. Everything looks great except please take out the 'crosshairs'. We're not buying guns and accessories here. Just my little annoyance of the website.

2. I get a 'The connection to onestoptrendshop.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.'

I would check your osC settings but honestly don't know what is the problem. If you PM me your admin URL with logon and password, I can check your admin side.

<<Team Member = I am trustworthy. :D

disable your SSL in your configure.php file, and it will work.

You'll need to research how to get an SSL installed, or ask your host for a shared SSL url before you can enable that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

kris10ized, I think I may have done the same thing as you, and If you've tried that already, disabling ssl didn't work for me, unless there's more to it than making it false instead of true. Someone let me know if I did that right, I found the configure file in /admin/configure.php and the line says

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

Set true to false? Is that it? Nothing changed when I did that.

Thanks

To disable SSL in your store, you will need to go to catalog/includes/configure.php and set

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

You may want to do the same with catalog/admin/includes/configure.php if your admin area behaves strangely

Archived