• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 - Table 'db_store.TABLE_PACKAGING'

Superman1278

Greetings...

I am getting this error when trying to log in, to checkout (as a customer) .

=====error start======

1146 - Table 'db_store.TABLE_PACKAGING' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_PACKAGING order by package_cost;

[TEP STOP]

=====error end======

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Always best to give as little information as possible about what you just did in the store to get an error (like adding the UPSXML contribution). Then the people here are forced to go look for their crystal balls. Fortunately, I had one at hand. Look for this post in the UPSXML thread.

Always best to give as little information as possible about what you just did in the store to get an error (like adding the UPSXML contribution). Then the people here are forced to go look for their crystal balls. Fortunately, I had one at hand. Look for this post in the UPSXML thread.

Forgive me. I am pretty new to this stuff. So I didn't know it was related to that.

I do appreciate it. I will attempt in the future to not be such an annoying addition to osCommerce.

Yeah, he was a bit harsh on a newbie.

Just remember, almost every single error you ever get will be directly related to whatever you were installing/modifying just before then.

So, when you encounter an error, and need help here, try to start off with something like this...

I just installed the uspsxml contribution, and now I get his error....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I followed the directions for changing the following line:

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 1); I changed this to:

define('DIMENSIONS_SUPPORTED', 0);

However, now I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init() in D:\home\site.com\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\upsxml.php on line 644

I was originally getting the TABLE-PACKAGING error stated above.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: curl_init()
That's a nasty error, since it most certainly means that the package cURL (which is needed for the https connection with UPS) is not compiled with PHP. If this is on the server where you have your shop, better talk to the hosting company.

You could try changing line 76:

$this->use_exec = '0';

to:

$this->use_exec = '1';

but don't hold your breath...

Enable logging also for the time being (untill everything works). See line 69 of includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.lphp and further:

// to enable logging, create an empty "upsxml.log" file at the location you set below, give it write permissions (777) and uncomment the next line
//      $this->logfile = '/tmp/upsxml.log';
// or alternatively use:
// $this->logfile = '/srv/www/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log';
// whatever works

I made that change. And I was able to get to the shipping page. However now I am getting this error:

========

United Parcel Service (XML)

Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway

========

I think I saw this in the post you had forwarded to me... I am going to check to see if there is anything there as well.

I think usually that error is caused by a certificate error on the server, not much you can do about that other than tell curl not to check the certificate. For that you would have to change line 646:

$command = "".$curl_path." -d \"".addslashes($xmlRequest)."\" ".$url."";

to:

$command = "".$curl_path." -k -d \"".addslashes($xmlRequest)."\" ".$url."";

I don't think you can find it back in the log (using exec doesn't catch cURL errors if I remember correctly). :(

But no change in the error.
Hmm, hard to debug if you can't catch the cURL error (if there is one). Do you get any reply from UPS (check the error log if you followed my suggestions). The only thing I can think of right now is that perhaps the "addslashes" is not needed on Windows (tried it on Linux, otherwise the UPS server trips on the quotes in <?xml version="1.0"?> and <AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US">). So perhaps, perhaps it might work if you change it to:

$command = "".$curl_path." -k -d \"".$xmlRequest."\" ".$url."";

Although you need a https connection, it has nothing do with having or not having an SSL certificate.

Well. I checked the log file. And there is nothing in it. Should there be anything at all? I added the tmp directory to the shipping directory with the empty upsxml.log txt file.

I made the change you suggested above. Still no change in the Shipping error box. same error.

I added the tmp directory to the shipping directory with the empty upsxml.log txt file.
Well, better make that some sort of full path to the file (don't know how that would be on a Windows server, but I guess the absolute path needed in includes/configure.php should tell you). There should be something in it, every request (whether it gets even sent or not) should go in there before cURL is even being called.

I suppose you could get the error also if nothing is sent. Better talk to your hosting company about cURL being installed or not. I understood from some people on this forum that for some strange reason cURL is not always installed on Windows servers (whereas it is pretty much standard on Linux servers).

Ok... I found out that cURL was not setup on my host server. Now apparently it is... and a quick <? phpinfo() ?> proves this. As it now states that cURL is enabled. But I am still getting this error. Nothing is in the error log, however it does see the file. Should I undo any of the changes above?

I really appreciate the help.

YEAH! I got it...

I found the line that says:

// uncomment the next line if you get curl error 60: error setting certificate verify locations

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

And uncommented it... and BOOM. I got the rates from UPS.

I really appreciate your help with this. I really do!

Archived