• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin HTML Pages Missing

copwriter

I am a brand-new user, trying to set up an online store for a web client. I recently moved this domain from another web host to the current one (iPowerWeb) that has OSCommerce pre-installed. When I choose the Admin HTML option, I get an OSCommerce graphic that lists options for Configuration, Catalog, Customers, Reports, and so on, with sub-headings under each category. However, clicking on any of the sub-headings only produces a "page not found" error. How do I configure this store so start creating a catalog?

A supplement to my earlier post...when I look at the file directory under osCommerce, I see a full array of folders and files that indicate to me that a installation of the program has been accomplished.

Without knowing how your hosts handles it, that would be hard to answer... but I know my host installs it, by just putting the files in my space. I still have to run the install.

Sounds like your config files are incorrect. There is one in catalog/includes/configure.php

and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

You can try editing those, or if you look in your ftp and see an install folder you can try pointing your browser to the catalog directory ie:

http://mydomain.com/catalog/install and run the install.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Thanks for the reply. I looked in the file folders that you mentioned, but they seem to be empty. The folders are there, but there's nothing in them. I can't find a "configure.php" file or anything like it to edit. I have asked for assistance from the support desk at my host, but their only response so far is that they don't support osCommerce and that I am supposed to seek help here.

If iPowerWeb is like PowWeb then they run osCommerce as a cgi executable, and each file has to have a link to the cgi-bin to be able to operate - and to be recognised by the system. I stress that I do not know if iPowerWeb's setup is the same as PowWeb, but you need to find out.

If it is, and you have overwritten an automatic install with your own files then your own files will not be recognised by the system. I have seen this with PowWeb.

Vger

If iPowerWeb is like PowWeb then they run osCommerce as a cgi executable, and each file has to have a link to the cgi-bin to be able to operate - and to be recognised by the system.  I stress that I do not know if iPowerWeb's setup is the same as PowWeb, but you need to find out.

If it is, and you have overwritten an automatic install with your own files then your own files will not be recognised by the system.  I have seen this with PowWeb.

Vger

I called iPowerWeb this morning, but they weren't able to shed much light on the situation. The tech put in a request slip to "the designers" for further information. I uninstalled the whole osCommerce setup and then re-installed from scratch, but got the same result as before. The file structure seems to be there, but the file folders are all empty. The only help file I can find anywhere on iPowerWeb's support system has to do with creating a link between the web site's pages and the shopping cart, and I'm not anywhere close to wanting to do that yet.

Archived