• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Info Box Text

chris1962

I cant find out where to change the info box text, such as, 'Categories' 'Manufacturers' 'Specials' etc.

Via the osComm Admin file manager, I found the file:

catalog/includes/column_left.php (and the right column file too)

After having to change the permission on the file via my web account file manager, I clicked to edit it and when I found the words in the info boxes, I edited the text and when I went back to the page, the info boxes were gone and the page had error text all over it and was all screwed up. I must be doing it in the wrong place.

I tried searching this forum but couldnt find answer. Thanks, Chris

Look in catalog/includes/languages/english/ and all of the files inside of it or your language.

Pretty much all of the text that shows up on osc can be found there. Just look for the box name you want to edit the text for... ie:catagories.php, whats_new.php and so on

If it isn't on a specific page it will be on the main language file catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I cant find out where to change the info box text, such as, 'Categories' 'Manufacturers' 'Specials' etc.

Via the osComm Admin file manager, I found the file:

catalog/includes/column_left.php  (and the right column file too)

After having to change the permission on the file via my web account file manager, I clicked to edit it and when I found the words in the info boxes, I edited the text and when I went back to the page, the info boxes were gone and the page had error text all over it and was all screwed up. I must be doing it in the wrong place.

I tried searching this forum but couldnt find answer. Thanks, Chris

Also...

Don't use the osc file manager. Use your own text editor or the file will be messed up when you save it.

Also...

Don't use the osc file manager. Use your own text editor or the file will be messed up when you save it.

Thanks so much wendyjames and knifeman!

Why does the file manager screw up the pages? And do I need to change it in all the languages or will it change by my default, English of course.

I have been using Dreamweaver for up and down loading. The pages dont show up right so Im using it just for images. I assume its becasue of the .php files...Dreamweaver cant read them..or can they?

Thanks a ton, Chris :D

It just does, live with it!

I understand dreamweaver is one of the best php editors, maybe you're on an older version or you need to download something or there is a setting u need to set.

Thanks Brian. os is great so Ill live with the bugs. Im using DW 7.0.1 so Ill do my homeowrk on the php dealio....

ta, Chris

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I looked in the folder: catalog/includes/languages/english/ and cant find the files, catagories.php, whats_new.php and so on

and the file: catalog/includes/languages/english.php is blank when I Get into Dreamweaver as all other files are.

Im using my web host's file manager and Dreamweaver and still cant find the files. I looked in all the other files as well. Do I need to reinstall os?

I looked in the folder: catalog/includes/languages/english/ and cant find the files, catagories.php, whats_new.php and so on

and the file: catalog/includes/languages/english.php  is blank when I Get into Dreamweaver as all other files are.

Im using my web host's file manager and Dreamweaver and still cant find the files. I looked in all the other files as well. Do I need to reinstall os?

I found the file english.php and made changes via my file manager on my web host and made the changes, thank you all.....but could anyone tell me why the pages were blank in Dreamweaver and how do I get the other languages to update to the changes?

thanks, Chris

One reason you may not be seeing anything is if you're using design view to edit pages. If that's the case, switch to code view.

Hope

I found the file english.php and made changes via my file manager on my web host and made the changes, thank you all.....but could anyone tell me why the pages were blank in Dreamweaver and how do I get the other languages to update to the changes?

thanks, Chris

Archived