• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating new user errors

sak7180

Pls help me to make sense of this error messages when i try creating new user and submit details to create_account.php. Basically i am testing on my own local windows 2000 pro system. Also is security is set up already or one has to configure it and then how.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 500

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:500) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

Thanks in advance.

You don't have a mail server on a local install of osCommerce and that's why it's not working and you're getting those error messages. To test using all e-mail and post facilities you'd need to install a local mail server like PostCast. If you do install PostCast be sure to only enable it while testing, because while it is enabled you'll have a wide open connection to the world wide web.

Vger

Tha ks for prompt feedback. where can i get PostCast and how would i go about configuring the email so after every order, new user, automatic email is sent out.

And is security built in as well and if not how best to configure it. cheers.

You don't have a mail server on a local install of osCommerce and that's why it's not working and you're getting those error messages.  To test using all e-mail and post facilities you'd need to install a local mail server like PostCast.  If you do install PostCast be sure to only enable it while testing, because while it is enabled you'll have a wide open connection to the world wide web.

Vger

Archived