• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payments

akakilo13

Hello everyone, I am brand new to osCommerce and have a question if its no bother.

I have been searching everywhere for a suitable shop and found osCommerce to be what I want. My question is how do I get paid from sales? What I think I mean is, it never asked me for any of my banking info as to where to send payments etc. I have it set up for credit cards, checks and paypal.

With checks and paypal you have no problem. Neither requires that you have any Bank "info". With paypal, they also will accept credit cards and credit your Paypal account if you have it setup that way.

Credit Cards are a little different. If you accept a credit card via the stand alone CC module, then you will need to process thru your Bank (merchant Account) the credit card to get your money. If you have a Merchant Account with your Bank then you can use one of the many "gateway" interfaces and contributions to have the credit card automatically process via osCommerce thru the gateway and subsequently into your Bank Account.

HTH

Tom

With checks and paypal you have no problem. Neither requires that you have any Bank "info". With paypal, they also will accept credit cards and credit your Paypal account if you have it setup that way.

Credit Cards are a little different. If you accept a credit card via the stand alone CC module, then you will need to process thru your Bank (merchant Account) the credit card to get your money. If you have a Merchant Account with your Bank then you can use one of the many "gateway" interfaces and contributions to have the credit card automatically process via osCommerce thru the gateway and subsequently into your Bank Account.

HTH

Tom

Thanks for the quick response. I went back and removed the credit card option after realizeing that my merchant account with paypal also accepts credit crad payments. I did however do a small test (probably not to smart) and went to my shop (not public yet ofcourse) and bought an item I had set the price on of 5 cents, it said it was chargeing me 5.05 though for best way delivery (whatever that means). Since I do not have merchant account set up with my bank is that card going to be billed in anyway or will it simply be ignored or removed?

Sorry, 1 more question. As I mentioned I do have a merchant account with paypal and when setting up the shop I checked accept payments with paypal, is that all I needed to do or was there another process needed?

I'm no paypal expert....however a few items.

1. Most sites using Paypal have also installed the PayPal IPN module to insure that "confirmation" of the transaction with Paypal is properly registered back in the osCommerce site. Lot's of threads here on the forum about this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

2. The $5.05 is a amount totaling Your defined "shipping" charge plus the price. See your admin section for all the details there. If you ran the transaction thru paypal then yes the credit card will propably be charged and your paypal account will be credited.

Tom

again I appologize, I have a couple of other questions and rather than start a new topic I was hopeing you may be able to help me here. First: when setting up a new product, towards the bottom of the page it asks me for the product URL without http:// , I sell from my home so im not exactly sure what they want? second, I see my product image here

http://fishcoastaltexas.com/ecommerce/os/c...f9fa2c1365b0acf

, but for some reason cant see the other 2 images of it? can you tell me why?

And no, I ran it through a credit card before removeing that payment option.

The reason you can't see the other two images is that they belong to a new sub-category you set up, but you did not set up a sub-category image when you did that.

Vger

Just one question if someone can help. Is there a way to test the Paypal/PSI Gateway without going through a live transaction?

Thanks,

J

The reason you can't see the other two images is that they belong to a new sub-category you set up, but you did not set up a sub-category image when you did that.

Vger

when setting up a new product, towards the bottom of the page it asks me for the product URL without http:// , I sell from my home so im not exactly sure what they want?

On another note, I am trying to set up shipping but when I click on shippings I get this error

Warning: main(includes/include_once.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fishcoas/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex.php on line 4

Warning: main(includes/include_once.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fishcoas/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/include_once.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fishcoas/public_html/ecommerce/os/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/fedex.php on line 4

Can some help with this please?

Archived