• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which UK payment system works well with osCom..?

Kenny25

Hi,

I asked this last night, but got no replies so an going to ask it again anyway...

I am setting up a new store.

For any UK store owners out there, I need concrete advice as to which UK payment system is proven to work with osCommerce.

Worldpay, I've read has problems.. protx sounds ok, but if someone with experience using osCommerce in the UK could tell me what has worked for them I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ken.

Hi,

I asked this last night, but got no replies so an going to ask it again anyway...

For any UK store owners out there, I need concrete advice as to which UK payment system is proven to work with osCommerce.

Worldpay, I've read has problems.. protx sounds ok, but if someone with experience using osCommerce in the UK could tell me what has worked for them I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ken.

Nochex, paypal - both work -

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Worldpay probably has more users than the rest put together - hence the greater number of reported problems. Your choice will depend on whether you already have a merchant account.

Hi,

Thanks.

Ken.

Dear Kenny 25

We are in UK, CV21, and we tried the nochex module at the early stages of our Osc experiece, and it worked fine, - Nochex are in Leeds, http://nochex.com, and require 2.7% + 20p per deal, - they are a UK "Pay Pal", and you can shift the proceeds, less the aforementioned commission into your UK bank on a 3 - 4 day delay.

We have our own merchant account, which allows offline processing, which we exclusively use, planned from the outset, which as well works with cc module, although you need an ssl connection, shared or own cert

Best of luck with your shop, it works very well when you get it all configured finally

John Devonport

• 3 years later...

Hi

I would also recommend worldpay, even though i have a very slight issue with an aspect of the callback facilty.

I've found their support and documentation etc to be very good.

Hope it helps

B

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't...

pro tx direct - absolutly fantastic

no issues, intergrates perfectly with your site - customers never leave your site,

if you have any issues, perfectpassion (the current developer of the contrib) answers and sorts them instantly,

i cant fault it,

i did use no chex but they work out approx 3 times dearer on their charges, as opposed to our merchant account via pro tx (based on a 3k a month turnover)

the customer exp is better with pro tx direct also,

Paypal.

Google chekout.

Nochex

ePDQ

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived