• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK Card processing

Could anyone PM me with suggestions for UK based services. I would like to take debit cards as well as CC.

I want to take card payments on site and store them in my database to processed using a virtual terminal, can anyone help me with how this should be done?

Do I need an SSL certificate? How do I protect the backend database from hackers collecting the information. Is it sufficient to use the email split option with CVV?

I want to take card payments on site and store them in my database to processed using a virtual terminal, can anyone help me with how this should be done?

Do I need an SSL certificate? How do I protect the backend database from hackers collecting the information. Is it sufficient to use the email split option with CVV?

you need an SSL certificate anyway - you're not going to be doing much business without.

There is a good contrib that delivers all you need to gather the data you need to capture the information to process UK cards (issue number, start date etc.) and then delete the data post processing. Search for CVV and you'll find it. Sorry, don't remember the name right now.

the email split with CVV works but whether your merchant account provider would be happy with this approach I'm not sure.

whether your merchant account provider would be happy with this approach I'm not sure.
None of the UK banks are going to like that, and is not the greatest way to do it either.

You are best off with an automated system, where the payments are authorised whist the customer is still online...

So if the payment doesnt go through because they typed a few digits wrong, or got the expiry date wrong, then the customer can go back and try again.

If you just store the info they supply to process later, you will find you spend half your time phoning people to get the card details again, when payments dont go through.

Is there any reason why you dont want the payments to go through straight away?