• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Picture Problems

Avondon

we bought a preloaded website . and we want to put our stuff on it. we have started but its hard . the pictures we take with our camera dont look the same as when we took them . they are not clear once we have resized them. i bought an editing package its good but they still dont look as clear as they should . can someone help we are lost. and begginers too hence buying the website preloaded. from dpbuk. :(

we bought a preloaded website . and we want to put our stuff on it. we have started but its hard . the pictures we take with our camera dont look the same as when we took them . they are not clear once we have resized them. i bought an editing package its good but they still dont look as clear as they should . can someone help we are lost. and begginers too hence buying the website preloaded. from dpbuk.    :(

Thank you but i will have to ask my hosting company who are supporting me to do this . it has gone right over the top of my head LOL..

but thanks it is helpful to know what to ask them.

chris

ohh no support guy at hosting being very vague. he was talking a lot of gew to me . told him and he said I will ring u back. 12 hours later still waiting. can anyone go through the thumbnail generator thing with me. i dont want to do anything to mess up the site. pages.

It may be simple to fix. In osCommerce under Configuration --> Images you have a Small Image Width and a Small Image Height. Edit the Small Image Height to nothing (remove what's in there). Then your image widths will all be the same, but if your images are different sizes then the height will vary according to the size of the image - width will be constant. This is most often the cause of distorted images.

Vger

also when you are in your congfiguration if you leave the image height and width alone then jot down those numbers and open an image editing software i use photoshop, file > new your image size for oscommerce, then file > open your image, then edit > copy, then edit > paste then edit > scale, hold down your shift key and drag..

thats what i do anyway.. i hope this helps ya :)

• 2 weeks later...
we bought a preloaded website . and we want to put our stuff on it. we have started but its hard . the pictures we take with our camera dont look the same as when we took them . they are not clear once we have resized them. i bought an editing package its good but they still dont look as clear as they should . can someone help we are lost. and begginers too hence buying the website preloaded. from dpbuk.    :(

In your shopfront, in configuration-images, set constrain images to true. Also when you resize your pics, ensure that you resize all layers.

Archived