Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Uploads and Usage


Recommended Posts

Hi, rather new to osCommerce and Easy Populate. I have a moderate understanding of php and html. I have uploaded the easypopulate files, created the temp directory with permissions set, and edited the catalogue file to produce the link in admin. I go through admin and upload my txt file. All that's displayed is that it's been uploaded and a temp filename is given. But no data shows up in my catalogue. What steps could I be missing?

 

Thank you so much for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, rather new to osCommerce and Easy Populate.  I have a moderate understanding of php and html.  I have uploaded the easypopulate files, created the temp directory with permissions set, and edited the catalogue file to produce the link in admin.  I go through admin and upload my txt file.  All that's displayed is that it's been uploaded and a temp filename is given.  But no data shows up in my catalogue.  What steps could I be missing?

 

Thank you so much for your help!

 

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problems as you. The other thing that I have going on, is that if I try to download another tab delimited txt file (figured that I screwed up and decided to redo the whole thing), it puts in a t instead of a tab, and replaces all the letters r n and t with a space. So, the newly downloaded txt file ends up all in one cell if I try to use Excel to modify it. Could someone please help us? Thanks.

Cindy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problems as you.  The other thing that I have going on, is that if I try to download another tab delimited txt file (figured that I screwed up and decided to redo the whole thing), it puts in a t instead of a tab, and replaces all the letters r n and t with a space.  So, the newly downloaded txt file ends up all in one cell if I try to use Excel to modify it.  Could someone please help us?  Thanks.

Cindy

 

Yes! I have the same problem in Excel when downloading. All in one cell. Grrr.. :P I'm sure someone has hints for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes!  I have the same problem in Excel when downloading.  All in one cell.  Grrr..  :P  I'm sure someone has hints for us.

Well, one of the things I did was to clear my cache, cookies and temp files on my hard drive, plus I deleted the stuff out of the /catalog/temp/ folder. After rebooting the computer, I think it fixed the problem somehow. So, try this and see if it helps.

 

Of course, now I cannot download the whole txt file or the product attributes txt file, I have to create them in the temp drive, and this only works some of the time. I was reading somewhere in the forum that this might be because the database is corrupted, but I lost that thread and can't find it again! I did figure out how to go and check the tables in myPHP, and everything was okay. If anyone can give me hints as to how I could fix this (I searched for quite a while) that would be fantastic!

 

Also, did anyone ever figure out how to have the url as "www.mysite.com" with Netfirms and still get their control panel to work? I shouldn't be allowed to not use an interface like that, but I really don't want their funky redirection and stuff!

 

Thanks!

Cindy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...