• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Uploads and Usage

Hi, rather new to osCommerce and Easy Populate. I have a moderate understanding of php and html. I have uploaded the easypopulate files, created the temp directory with permissions set, and edited the catalogue file to produce the link in admin. I go through admin and upload my txt file. All that's displayed is that it's been uploaded and a temp filename is given. But no data shows up in my catalogue. What steps could I be missing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi, rather new to osCommerce and Easy Populate.  I have a moderate understanding of php and html.  I have uploaded the easypopulate files, created the temp directory with permissions set, and edited the catalogue file to produce the link in admin.  I go through admin and upload my txt file.  All that's displayed is that it's been uploaded and a temp filename is given.  But no data shows up in my catalogue.  What steps could I be missing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problems as you. The other thing that I have going on, is that if I try to download another tab delimited txt file (figured that I screwed up and decided to redo the whole thing), it puts in a t instead of a tab, and replaces all the letters r n and t with a space. So, the newly downloaded txt file ends up all in one cell if I try to use Excel to modify it. Could someone please help us? Thanks.

Cindy

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problems as you.  The other thing that I have going on, is that if I try to download another tab delimited txt file (figured that I screwed up and decided to redo the whole thing), it puts in a t instead of a tab, and replaces all the letters r n and t with a space.  So, the newly downloaded txt file ends up all in one cell if I try to use Excel to modify it.  Could someone please help us?  Thanks.

Cindy

Yes! I have the same problem in Excel when downloading. All in one cell. Grrr.. :P I'm sure someone has hints for us.

Yes!  I have the same problem in Excel when downloading.  All in one cell.  Grrr..  :P  I'm sure someone has hints for us.

Well, one of the things I did was to clear my cache, cookies and temp files on my hard drive, plus I deleted the stuff out of the /catalog/temp/ folder. After rebooting the computer, I think it fixed the problem somehow. So, try this and see if it helps.

Of course, now I cannot download the whole txt file or the product attributes txt file, I have to create them in the temp drive, and this only works some of the time. I was reading somewhere in the forum that this might be because the database is corrupted, but I lost that thread and can't find it again! I did figure out how to go and check the tables in myPHP, and everything was okay. If anyone can give me hints as to how I could fix this (I searched for quite a while) that would be fantastic!

Also, did anyone ever figure out how to have the url as "www.mysite.com" with Netfirms and still get their control panel to work? I shouldn't be allowed to not use an interface like that, but I really don't want their funky redirection and stuff!

Thanks!

Cindy