• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with New Product Fields contribution

Hello,

I hope someone has installed this before that knows enough about phpMyAdmin controls that may be able to help me with the New Fields contribution. I did post the author at his site, but have not heard back, so not sure if I will.

Anyway, I am following the directions in this file from this page for Add New Product Fields: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,ISBN+author

I've got the files in osCommerce all updated, but I am stuck on the instructions posted in March 2005 regarding adding a new row in phpMyAdmin. I am an extreme novice when it comes to databases and only have a rudimentary knowledge of how to manipulate them in phpMyAdmin, so I was wondering if anyone might be able to clarify this process in a step-by-step directive?

This is the following instructions I am stuck on in the file: NewFields4-march-5.txt

==============================================================

"(1 march 2005)

what this does is add a new column to the product listing, so it appears it the header row and can be sorted on.

The page will only display columns that you have configured to be visible in the Products Listing part of the configuration section of the admin suite, and the columns will not be available in the Products Listing part of the configuration section of the admin suite unless they have been added to the configuration table of the data base.

Using PhpMyAdmin there are 2 tables we need to play with: configuration_group; and configuration.

These columns are in Configuration_group table:

configuration_group_id

configuration_group_title

configuration_group_description

sort_order

These columns are in the configuration table:

configuration_key = PRODUCT_LIST_ARTIST

configuration_title = Display Artist

sort_order = max + 1 (this is the order it displays in the admin suite)

configuration_group_id = 8

configuration_value = 2 (this is the order it displays in the product_listing.php file.. setting it to zero means it will not be displayed)

Look in the configuration_group table to find the configuration_group_id for Product Listing,

Then insert new rows to the configuration table, using the configuration_group_id you found in the configuration_group table. "

==============================================================

So, I got as far as checking the configuration_group_id for Product Listing and it was 8, but what I am supposed to do after this has me confused.

1. Am I supposed to then click on the link for the configuration table in the left column and bring up that info?

2. Then do I click on the "Insert" button between the "Search" and "Export" buttons at the top of the page?

3. If so, this brings up a page that has the following columns for controlling the row:

Field Type Function Null Value

configuration_id int(11)

?configuration_title varchar(64)

configuration_key varchar(64)

configuration_value varchar(255)

configuration_description varchar(255)

configuration_group_id int(11) 0

sort_order int(5)

last_modified datetime

date_added datetime 0000-00-00 00:00:00

use_function varchar(255)

set_function varchar(255)

--and then the checkbox to "Ignore" is selected for the items below it.

=======================================================

4. So, if this is the correct page for manipulating, I am not sure what I am supposed to do with this page, leave as is? Edit certain fields and pull down menus? Or....? <_<

Many thanks in advance if anyone knows how to better instruct me with this!!

Best regards,

GM B)

• 2 months later...