• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Importing

I have previously set up OSCommerce on one site loaded products, priceing, colors, size etc. I have now started another store front but would love to use the same products etc. on that store. Is there a way to import the products etc or copy them to the new script that will not result in a redirect to the other store. I tried this once but it redirected to the older store instead of just copying. I am sure there is a way to do this and I am sure there will be a few lines of code I will need to replace, but what is it I will need to move and what will I need to change? This would make life so much easier and quicker to get this other store launched.

Thanks

Angel :blink:

use the easypopulate contribution

Im not seeing where the easy populate will help me move files from one domain to another. These files are on Seperate Domains, this is where my problem is coming in to play. I want to move the product files from one Domain to another but when I copy the file from Domain A and paste and overwrite Domain B it just redirects everything back to Domain A. Plus I wanted to know which files I should be moveing to make sure I am moving everything I need.

Angel :blush:

when you use easypopulate, then you are not tied into having the exact product id #'s, etc. too many tables tied together and if one gets off the whole thing is screwed up. so for the new store, let oscommerce assign the product id #;s

How about extracting the product info from the one osc, and importing it into the database which handles your other osc?

Then just copy the images over into your other image directory?

I tried that and I got a redirect to Domain A, maybe I missed some files and do I have to change any code to stop a redirect? Which files should I be moveing( copying)? Images is pretty easy its one main folder. Something that seems so simple is actually becoming quite a pain, but I am desperately trying to save time in getting this new site launched. :'(

Angel

when you use easypopulate, then you are not tied into having the exact product id #'s, etc.  too many tables tied together and if one gets off the whole thing is screwed up.  so for the new store, let oscommerce assign the product id #;s

I just d/l easypopulate and am going to give it a try. We will see if it will do what I am looking for. I hope so

Angel :(

you are on page 1 while we are on page 2. you can not just copy the code from one site to the other without modifying the configure.php files for the file paths.

so are you trying to use the code or just the data?

sounds to me like you are trying to use the same exact code, which is much different than just inporting the products

you are on page 1 while we are on page 2.  you can not just copy the code from one site to the other without modifying the configure.php files for the file paths.

so are you trying to use the code or just the data?

sounds to me like you are trying to use the same exact code, which is much different than just inporting the products

I was trying to use the exact code, which I knew was wrong thats why I am here. I have just d/l the easy populate and am trying to figure out how to use it. Do I have to install easy populate into the store I am trying to get the files into as well?

If you just want to share the products its quite easy....

1. you set up the 2 shops and adjust the configure files according to the servers/domain names.

2. you choose one as a main domain, which is where you keep the pictures.

3. in the "nr. 2 domain" you set the picture/image path to the main domain.

Now you have 2 sites on different domains, with the same products, the same pictures and so on....

Archived