• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

catagory indents

Frank Squirrel

Go here:

http://www.quintessencepublishing.co.uk/ca....php?cPath=1_23

These damn catagory titles are so long they are running into two lines. The customer HATES the way they indent left and not right when they occupy two lines, but I can't find where to edit this action. Help! Please!

Also, note the 'fullstop' (period) where there was once a cheesy bit of text saying "let's see what we have here" - yuk! - the developer swapped the text for a fullstop! I'd like to delete that entirely or if it MUST have text there, change it for Catagory Contents or something less cheesy than the original text. But I can't find it!

Despite having ZERO code writing or editing experience (bar adding <br> or <P> to the odd bit of html in my ebay listings!) I've managed to edit/modify/change lots of stuff on this site but these two still elude me.

Any ideas guys and girls?

Go here:

http://www.quintessencepublishing.co.uk/ca....php?cPath=1_23

These damn catagory titles are so long they are running into two lines. The customer HATES the way they indent left and not right when they occupy two lines, but I can't find where to edit this action. Help! Please!

Also, note the 'fullstop' (period) where there was once a cheesy bit of text saying "let's see what we have here" - yuk! - the developer swapped the text for a fullstop! I'd like to delete that entirely or if it MUST have text there, change it for Catagory Contents or something less cheesy than the original text. But I can't find it!

Despite having ZERO code writing or editing experience (bar adding <br> or <P> to the odd bit of html in my ebay listings!) I've managed to edit/modify/change lots of stuff on this site but these two still elude me.

Any ideas guys and girls?

well i started looking and i THINK i found ther area in /catalog/includes/boxes/catagories.php

i think the area is

/ display category name
   $categories_string .= $tree[$counter]['name'];

if (isset($cPath_array) && in_array($counter, $cPath_array)) {
     $categories_string .= '</b>';
   }

if (tep_has_category_subcategories($counter)) {
     $categories_string .= '->';
   }

$categories_string .= '</a>';

if (SHOW_COUNTS == 'true') {
     $products_in_category = tep_count_products_in_category($counter);
     if ($products_in_category > 0) {
       $categories_string .= ' (' . $products_in_category . ')';
     }
   }

$categories_string .= '<br>';

if ($tree[$counter]['next_id'] != false) {
     tep_show_category($tree[$counter]['next_id']);
   }

but no clue how to add code to make it align right, hope that helps a bit

Easiest way to fix the links going into two lines is adjusting the width of that column. You can find that in catalog/includes/application_top.php

// customization for the design layout

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

to change text on a page just go into catalog/includes/langauges/yourlanguage/whatever file name you want to change the text on.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived